I need to get in the water Help with 72 27 foot magnum marine >

I need to get in the water Help with 72 27 foot magnum marine

Notices

I need to get in the water Help with 72 27 foot magnum marine

Old 06-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to get in the water Help with 72 27 foot magnum marine

Hi everybody and thank you in advace for any help. Im new on this site but I think it looks like the best power boat site out there. I recently purchased a 1972 Magnum Marine I believe its a sport It does have a high grab rail around the front and two small windows on each side of the front. Its a twin motor boat with inboard/outboards but when I purchased the boat it came with no power. The boat had switched hands a couple times since the power was removed so I dont know what it had . I was told Chryslers with volvo outdrives but I dont know. I do know the boat came from NY state and was originaly a police boat. Its yellow and white now and says "The Viking" on the side with a viking head painted on. I think it was originaly blue. No swim platform and ugly doo doo brown coushions on the interior. The boat is a 27 foot.
I woul like to repower with chevy motors and bravo three outdrives . However Im not willing to put a new transom in and on a priced fixed menue for now. A few poeple told me that Old Volvos have a big cut out and that there are no adapter plates made to size it down. Any help would be great with the power questions or history of the boat. Thanks Again I want to get this baby in the water!!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If it has windows it's a sedan. see my avatar.
I redid mine 15 years ago. new transom is the only way to go. I did 350s w/bravo 1s.
I think you'll find that combo will work better than the threes. Post some pictures
Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered

Default just another question

Originally Posted by 27sedan
If it has windows it's a sedan. see my avatar.
I redid mine 15 years ago. new transom is the only way to go. I did 350s w/bravo 1s.
I think you'll find that combo will work better than the threes. Post some pictures
Hi I appreciate you getting back to me. Is there any major difference in the hull on the sedan and sport? Are these boats worth fixing up? I like it and was thinking of sporting it out a bit remove the grab rail ect.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The hull is the same-the deck is different. Good luck on your project, post pics of the progress!!
Bob
Old 06-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnum27guy
Hi everybody and thank you in advace for any help. Im new on this site but I think it looks like the best power boat site out there. I recently purchased a 1972 Magnum Marine I believe its a sport It does have a high grab rail around the front and two small windows on each side of the front. Its a twin motor boat with inboard/outboards but when I purchased the boat it came with no power. The boat had switched hands a couple times since the power was removed so I dont know what it had . I was told Chryslers with volvo outdrives but I dont know. I do know the boat came from NY state and was originaly a police boat. Its yellow and white now and says "The Viking" on the side with a viking head painted on. I think it was originaly blue. No swim platform and ugly doo doo brown coushions on the interior. The boat is a 27 foot.
I woul like to repower with chevy motors and bravo three outdrives . However Im not willing to put a new transom in and on a priced fixed menue for now. A few poeple told me that Old Volvos have a big cut out and that there are no adapter plates made to size it down. Any help would be great with the power questions or history of the boat. Thanks Again I want to get this baby in the water!!
I inquired about that boat (I believe it was sold out of the hudson valley NY) great price and it came with a trailer.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Registered

Default thats the one

Originally Posted by scippy
I inquired about that boat (I believe it was sold out of the hudson valley NY) great price and it came with a trailer.
Yes that is the boat. Do you have any other info on it. I got the boat not the trailer.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Try this !

MAGNUM27 guy, plug the transom--install dual motor bracket w/ twin MERC 300 O/B !! Use the engine room for storage ! My SEDAN on GPS does 71. Cruise @ 40. "HIGH LIFE"
Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Magnum Sedan

MAGNUM27guy, Did you find this MAGNUM on craigslist in N.J. ? "HIGH LIFE"
Old 06-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
MAGNUM27guy, Did you find this MAGNUM on craigslist in N.J. ? "HIGH LIFE"
Yes on craigslist. but not jersey. Im going to give you a call tomorrow with some questions
Old 06-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnum27guy
Yes that is the boat. Do you have any other info on it. I got the boat not the trailer.
I believe in early April I spoke to the orginal owner in the hudson valley area who said, the boat and trailer was just picked up from someone in the Philidelphia area. The trailer
had to be put into running condition by the new owners before it was safe to tow. The former owner said, the boat was used by some kind of law enforcement (DEA - FBI) when
it was prime, but not sure. Presently w/no engines, but good deck and hull.
The owner said, the boat and trailer were being liquidated in
a fast "estate sale" which did sell in early Spring for around $700+ boat and trailer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.