Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
single or twins for a 28 magnum >

single or twins for a 28 magnum

Notices

single or twins for a 28 magnum

Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mel, I am trying to shoot for 70. I am trying to do a lightweight stringer system (nidacore) just forward of the engines.Engine mounts will be ply-easier for mounting. I was looking at a EFI 502 with a bravo1--what prop would be good--I thought a rev 4-24 pitch- I am trying to weight the boat throughout the process. My final weight should be just less than 4000lbs with a single 502. I would be happy at 70 mph---last boat was a 21ft. air entrapment,did 93mph. -need to slow down-mind is able--not sure about the body anymore.
jim
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Canadian Magnum

Spoke with Roger Munn,he indicated the Magnum may have sold the molds for the 27 to some one in Canada in 1985.The mold they are using now he believes is his old Jolly Roger.Unable to speak with my key contact at Magnum today.

Jim this is starting to come together. Bud
Old 10-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

Just came acroos a GM marine engine--6.2 all aluminum with 450hp efi and weights in around 450lbs.The big block is 1000lbs.That would give me great gas consumption as well as close in on the 70mph mark. I love new tech!

Last edited by jamesslade; 10-17-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old boat is the one pictured in post #12. It is identical to a tee of the molds in post #13 & 14.

I can tell buy the pic's in post 13 & 14 that it is exactly the same as mine due to the molded dash and access to the cabin.

Through my research I found that the molds were sold to a guy in Toronto (address came up as # Bloor St.)

He had only purchased the bottom portion of the mold and had fabricated his own top. To my knowledge there are three of these around. Bankruptcy had got the best of his business before it could take off.

I dont think it is a true statement to say that Magnum Marine had given him the rights to produce their product. I think that if that was the case they would have set up shop here in Canada for them selves and not left their name in the hands of someone else.

The one thing that I can say is it was a nice ridding hull for a 27.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by phil_p999
My old boat is the one pictured in post #12. It is identical to a tee of the molds in post #13 & 14.

I can tell buy the pic's in post 13 & 14 that it is exactly the same as mine due to the molded dash and access to the cabin.

Through my research I found that the molds were sold to a guy in Toronto (address came up as # Bloor St.)

He had only purchased the bottom portion of the mold and had fabricated his own top. .
If this statement is true, then it is as I thought.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Please look at post #13---enlarge the details page---Then you disclaimers won't look like fools--I have now seen personally 5 of these hulls and my freind who I purchased the boat from knew all the details about the company (he has since passed) told me the complete story. This is a Magnum bottom and a retooled deck. From what I have seen of other Magnums this layup and decking is far superior to anything I have encountered.The glasswork is top quality as well as the balsa cored deck. The one peice cockpit liner is in keeping up with todays standards. The one piece engine cover and seat backing (balsa cored again) is well designed as well as functional--to the naysayers---get your facts right. This boat was built in Beamsville Ontario. My freind picked it up at the factory. Jim

Last edited by jamesslade; 10-19-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Comments on the Canadian Magnum

Jim,don't take the questions personally .There has been so many poor rip offs that is why Magnum aficionados are always concerned.
I have spoke with Magnum and will be meeting with them in about two week. I think I will be able to report a more complete answer to your original questions. Keep the pictures coming. I feel you have a great boat that Jim Wynn may have a hand it its final design. Bud
Old 10-19-2011, 04:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jim,know about the mind an body thing.That 6.2 eng.is that the new LS eng.or the older mouse eng.Don't know anything about the LS, but I Know the big blks. work.We use a 26 4blade running a 540 ci eng right now.Stay with us don't let these guys get to you. Mel
Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Its a new 6.2 (LSA and LS3)that GM powertrain has on their site. It is under the marine section--it also comes with a supercharger at 530 HP--that is crazy for a engine of that weight. all aluminum.

Last edited by jamesslade; 10-19-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Registered

Default Canadian Magnum

I have a 27 1988 center console Canadian Magnum with twin 200 Suzuki's on an Armstrong bracket. It has 160 hours total on the engines and hull. It is a Q HIN and says Magnum on the title.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.