Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   Wood Grain Dash Material (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/277180-wood-grain-dash-material.html)

JPrusinows 05-24-2012 05:31 PM

Wood Grain Dash Material

Anyone found a replacement or substitute for the wood grain dash material used for the Magnum's? It is an engravable material for sure as the logo is actually engraved in. Would like to find the originalmaterial of course. Any help?

Thanks,

Jeff

scippy 05-25-2012 12:36 AM

Jeff,

Did you have the step plates chromed? Also, are you replacing the teak inserts?.....been looking them. Sorry, I have no leads on the wood dash insert.

mr vinyl 05-25-2012 11:24 AM

Dash

Have a actual dash,it may not be in great shape,faded...I will post a picture. Bud

mittens 05-25-2012 12:26 PM

Hydro dip new or old pannels in the wood grian you like

70open28 05-25-2012 10:24 PM

I have an original woodgrain dash from a '72 Sedan. Tried to send a PM but your box is full.

JPrusinows 05-26-2012 09:14 AM

Wood Grain Dash/Step Plates

1 Attachment(s)
See attached photo for wood grain dash material. I have a pretty good one now but corners are starting to crack and I would like to make new one. However, I would like it to be with original material.
Any help appreciated.

Skippy,
We did get the step plates chromed. I don't have them back yet, will post as sson as we get them. As far as the teak we were lucky that ours were still in good shape. We just bleached them, sanded them and teak oiled them. Came back to life.

Flitzr1 05-26-2012 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by JPrusinows (Post 3696058)
See attached photo for wood grain dash material. I have a pretty good one now but corners are starting to crack and I would like to make new one. However, I would like it to be with original material.
Any help appreciated.

Skippy,
We did get the step plates chromed. I don't have them back yet, will post as sson as we get them. As far as the teak we were lucky that ours were still in good shape. We just bleached them, sanded them and teak oiled them. Came back to life.

looks like a basic old laminate. Like counter top guys use or use to use but thicker.
Check with Mar-Lin Industries, they make flat gauge panels out of faux wood plastic sheets like this. They may not make 1 offs but could point in the right direction.
I'll capture picture & shop it to panel builders we use.

JPrusinows 06-22-2012 11:56 AM

Teak Dash Engravable Material

1 Attachment(s)
Closest I have been able to find guys. It is engraveable with white underneath (like original). Color is off from original it appears but it is closer to actual teak on rest of boat than original dash is. Just cut your holes, engrave the logo, and possibly mount to some type of backer board, and were in business. Wood Grain would run the other way.

Any thoughts, comments? Alternatives anyone has found?

Thanks,

Jeff

dammmagnum 06-22-2012 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JPrusinows (Post 3715471)
Closest I have been able to find guys. It is engraveable with white underneath (like original). Color is off from original it appears but it is closer to actual teak on rest of boat than original dash is. Just cut your holes, engrave the logo, and possibly mount to some type of backer board, and were in business. Wood Grain would run the other way.

Any thoughts, comments? Alternatives anyone has found?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,
it looks pretty good, and it may be pretty close to the orignal shade and color. You are comparing it to a panel that has sat out in the sun and elements for many years and been bleached out by the sun and weather.

Thank you
Looking great
Jim

t500hps 06-22-2012 07:07 PM

I remember a conversation with Innotech Products (carbon fiber) that he had a product that looked like wood grain. Since everything he does is custom,check to see if he can make what your after.