Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
trying to find 71 27 magnum EH! >

trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!

Notices

trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!

Old 04-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

In about 92/93 in S Florida, a guy saw me working on my 28' Mag raceboat at a friends shop. Said he had a old 27 flatdeck basketcase. I went to look at it a few miles away. It had Stern Power Speedmasters, BBC,s ,color was white w/red small stripes.Had herringbones in eng. compartment. Boat was disassembled but almost everything was there. Deck was soft so somebody started converting to center console. He bought it in this condition. I helped him finish the conversion . He bought a pair of Mercs and Stainless Marine bracket from Scott at Intense Marine. Dont know how many they made with this combo. I'll try to contact him to find out where he found this boat and its history. Good luck finding your dads boat.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search goes on..
Old 01-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fender_mender
Search goes on..
new year and the search goings on
Old 01-01-2015, 12:29 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by fender_mender
thanks mario i appreciate it i understand it'll take time ive been looking since 08 for the boat on here me and my brothers are about to drive up there and start searching one weekend i hear theres many storage sheds with boats in them up there i'm hoping the boat is just laying somewhere i'm amazed no one has seen it in all these years
I've been here since 1969. My memory doesn't start 'till 1973..at 4yrs of age.

It will probably take way more than a week-end to try to cover 1/100th of the sheds and garages it may be put away in.

I don't ever recollect seeing your dad's boat and i would think i would by the bow rail on it, even though someone could have changed it at some time.

Many coves, bays, docks, houses, garages, off water storage, off water barns/garages, etc that I have missed a good amt of boats that have supposedly been here for years.

Also, many owners of 'the cool' offshore 70's-80's era boats (new or not very old) have unfortunately started to leave this earth.

I work in Meredith, feel free to let me know if you need me to check out a place that may have it.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:32 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

fendor_mendor:

Quick thought popped in my mind.

Shop I own in Meredith is few hundred yards from the lake (Winni) and I have tons of local customers obviously.

How about you make a 'Have You Seen This Boat' poster and mail it to me. I'll put it up in my customer area and make sure to point at it and mention it as many times as I can. I'll also ask long time boaters / business owners in town also,

Send me a PM for address/contact info if you want.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

This is going to be a stretch but the EH Mag had mechanical shift Sternpowr drives, they did not hold up well. This mag came from the east coast to Lake St Clair years ago with Arneson drives I wonder if it was it ????? Sparky restored it to this Black Mag maybe ? So many Mags have been re worked over the years so you never know. It's already been a long winter for me, As I said it's a stretch.
Attached Thumbnails trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-boat-013.jpg   trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-boat-007.jpg   trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-mag-nj-mag-1.jpg  

trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-mag-nj-mag.jpg  
Old 01-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Registered

Not the boat . . anchoring lights in bow are further aft on EH! than this boat . ..

we had some crazy fast stuff on Winni back in the day!

Mario
Old 01-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Mario you are right. As I said it was a stretch but if you can convert a Mag to Arneson drives you most likely can redo many other things like remove the bow rail. Jim who has my old Mirage change many thing out, [bow rail , hatches ect] you would never know it was the same boat. Look at my old race Mag pic's when it was new & the way I had it than how it last looked in 1990. It's had many changes & looks over the years. I have looked for it for many years, NO LUCK.
Attached Thumbnails trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-mag-d-y.jpg   trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-mag-showdown-h2o.jpg   trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-mag-come-again.jpg  

trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-magnum-believe-.jpg   trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-mag-screwdriver.jpg   trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-mag-p-88-l.jpg  

trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-magnum-c-r.jpg   trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-mag-c-r1.jpg   trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!-magnum2.jpg  

Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Registered

Wow, this was a Nice magnum
Old 01-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hopefully its sitting somewhere shrink wrapped lol... you never know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.