trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!

Notices

trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to find 71 27 magnum EH!

[IMG][/IMG]

hello i'm still trying to find my fathers 27 magnum EH! he sold it in 85 and it went to lake winnipesaukee where it was traded in at a fountain dealer whos owner kept the magnum for himself from what i've been told the owner died and the dealership closed up about 10 years ago and the boat has disappeared since . the boat is a 1971 magnum sport my father repowered the boat with 468 chevy bigblock and it had msd drives with speedmaster lower units only roger munn and my father had these drives i beleive. i would love to find the bought and buy it back to give to my father i would appreicate any information anyone has you can contact me on here or call me at 732 300 9131
Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fender_mender
[IMG][/IMG]

hello i'm still trying to find my fathers 27 magnum EH! he sold it in 85 and it went to lake winnipesaukee where it was traded in at a fountain dealer whos owner kept the magnum for himself from what i've been told the owner died and the dealership closed up about 10 years ago and the boat has disappeared since . the boat is a 1971 magnum sport my father repowered the boat with 468 chevy bigblock and it had msd drives with speedmaster lower units only roger munn and my father had these drives i beleive. i would love to find the bought and buy it back to give to my father i would appreicate any information anyone has you can contact me on here or call me at 732 300 9131
Hello Fender_Bender

Try to Contact Mario L on here,
Mario is from the NH area and spent a lot of time on Lake Winnipesaukee over the years,, he may know of the dealer or seen the Magnum on the Lake back then

Sippy(Pete) and some of the folks on here found my old purpe Magnum Sport in NJ after about 30 years , sad part it was cut up into a center console,, but it is being put back together by Parnell in MI.
Good Luck with finding it, I remember seeing your Dad's Sport back then in NJ

thank you
Jim
Old 07-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Registered

Fender Bender .. .

I replied to your PM . . Thanks Jim, now that I have seen a picture of the boat I have no recollection of seeing the boat on Winnipesaukee . . that's not to say that it was never there, and it may have been traded locally . .

Silver Sands Marina was the Fountain dealer and the past owner passed away in 2005.

I know several folks who worked there at the time, and can reach out to them . .

This is the second Magnum 27 from Winnipesaukee that has not been located. Another belonged to an electrician from Meredith, that one was red.

Mario
Old 07-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
Fender Bender .. .

I replied to your PM . . Thanks Jim, now that I have seen a picture of the boat I have no recollection of seeing the boat on Winnipesaukee . . that's not to say that it was never there, and it may have been traded locally . .

Silver Sands Marina was the Fountain dealer and the past owner passed away in 2005.

I know several folks who worked there at the time, and can reach out to them . .

This is the second Magnum 27 from Winnipesaukee that has not been located. Another belonged to an electrician from Meredith, that one was red.

Mario
Hello Mario
I think there was a guy named Dave Street or Streeter
that had a red Sport for while in the mid 80s up there, he sold it and got into a APBA open class boat , I think a Cat
i went and looked at the Sport at Silver Sands I think or a marina near there. I think he was a electrical contractor or something lin the building trade

Thank you
Jim
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

my father sold his boat to a man named Paul who owned a autobody shop in liberty corners new jersey in 85 he traded the boat in to the fountain dealer for a 42 fountain. In 2004 or 03 he stopped by my father autobody shop in hillside nj he told my father that he still goes to the lake everyyear and every year he still saw my fathers boat at the marina so my father asked him when he goes back up to find out if he could buy the boat back and thats the year paul went and the owner had died and the boat disppeared from the marina so i'm assuming that was 05 cause thats the year you said the owner died. the boat had custom hatches on it when it was sold and the bubble hatch was changed to a square one also my father reinforced the hull below the motors on his and rogers boat and the msd drives are a dead give away im gonna post pictures of the drive and someother of the boat
Old 07-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Registered

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Registered

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

Silver Sands Marina, owned at the time by the late Bob Gagnon that sold the Fountain, has no idea as to where the Magnum went. According to someone who knew Bob Gagnon at the time , he kept and owned no boats for himself . .

The red one, made some calls, we may yet find this one . .

Also found out that there was another black boat with Volvo drives on Winni, and that Billy Amidon also owned a yellow boat . .

The later name gives me a few more folks to call, let's see what I can find, just know it will take some time . .

Mario L.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Registered

thanks mario i appreciate it i understand it'll take time ive been looking since 08 for the boat on here me and my brothers are about to drive up there and start searching one weekend i hear theres many storage sheds with boats in them up there i'm hoping the boat is just laying somewhere i'm amazed no one has seen it in all these years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.