Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   magnum 27 sedan (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/301131-magnum-27-sedan.html)

captrod28 08-08-2013 05:59 PM

magnum 27 sedan

still looking for a magnum 27 sedan. I plan on using it to cruise from Montauk long island to block island. Has anyone ever had concerns with the low stern freeboard running in the ocean or while anchored up? I have no experience with these boats. In the past I have owned and operated sport fishing boats- Bertram, Albemarle, blackfin etc. These boats have typically more freeboard.

mr vinyl 08-08-2013 06:39 PM

I know of a Sedan ,sounds like it is great shape all original no pictures. The guy who owns it does not know how to take pictures and it would be a 6 plus hr. trip for me. Call me and we can discuss. Bud 312-607-3115

captrod28 08-09-2013 12:19 PM

I called and left my number. thanks. Gerard

h2oboater 08-09-2013 02:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by captrod28 (Post 3973578)
still looking for a magnum 27 sedan. I plan on using it to cruise from Montauk long island to block island. Has anyone ever had concerns with the low stern freeboard running in the ocean or while anchored up? I have no experience with these boats. In the past I have owned and operated sport fishing boats- Bertram, Albemarle, blackfin etc. These boats have typically more freeboard.

If you want more free board the later sedans [I believe after 1980] had a raised rear deck, does not look as nice but more freeboard.

jtilt 08-16-2013 07:43 PM

Captrod

Hello Captrod, I have rum my sedan from Long Island to block on quite a few occasions. I also run to Connecticut more often. My sedan is a 1970, she has been I rigged with bravo ones and the availability of power trim and the higher drive configuration make a world of difference.
As for running in the ocean the sedan can handle a lot of water. I would even venture to say (I know I'm gonna take some s--t for this) better and safer then a sport. The low freeboard on the stern is a little scary when anchored and you get a running set of rollers attempting to flood your thru hull exhaust and saturating you engine cover.
Understand these boats where built to run. Not at 10 mph and not at 80, but I'm sure everyone will agree that if your looking for a Boat that will run 45-50, mph all day, in some water that most people would stay home, them the sedan is the boat.
On the other hand if you think your gonna run home in a 25 mph wind out of the south with not a lot of sunlight left then you best get the magnum 60.

h2oboater 08-16-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by jtilt (Post 3978172)
Hello Captrod, I have rum my sedan from Long Island to block on quite a few occasions. I also run to Connecticut more often. My sedan is a 1970, she has been I rigged with bravo ones and the availability of power trim and the higher drive configuration make a world of difference.
As for running in the ocean the sedan can handle a lot of water. I would even venture to say (I know I'm gonna take some s--t for this) better and safer then a sport. The low freeboard on the stern is a little scary when anchored and you get a running set of rollers attempting to flood your thru hull exhaust and saturating you engine cover.
Understand these boats where built to run. Not at 10 mph and not at 80, but I'm sure everyone will agree that if your looking for a Boat that will run 45-50, mph all day, in some water that most people would stay home, them the sedan is the boat.
On the other hand if you think your gonna run home in a 25 mph wind out of the south with not a lot of sunlight left then you best get the magnum 60.

Well said !!!!!