Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   Broken Nose! Magnum Maltese 270T (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/309522-broken-nose-magnum-maltese-270t.html)

JPrusinows 03-10-2014 06:05 PM

Broken Nose! Magnum Maltese 270T

6 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]520067[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520068[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520065[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520069[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520066[/ATTACH]

Help! Guys, ran into a rough spot this weekend! Damn epoxy gave out after 35 years (go figure) and I lost a cone! Damn near scared the **** out of Dad and I! Prop started blowing out and boat took a hard dive to the right. Figured out really fast that these things work! Anyway, needless to say I am on the hunt for a new one. Could have been worse, thought we blew a drive or a prop hub the way the engine would rev. Still ran good to about 4500 rpm and then the right prop would run out of water and start spinning! Very interesting experience that hope you all don't have to have! Also, another good reason that 60 is fast enough, as I believe we could have easily buried the nose if we were any faster.

Any help you can give us much appreciated. Looking for a Hydro-motive 270 Volvo nose cone.

Thanks,

Jeff and Dennis.

scippy 03-11-2014 12:28 AM

I'd be worried about the other nose cone as well, looks like the seam is opening up to..........Glad you made it back safe............never heard of epoxied nose cones!

h2oboater 03-11-2014 11:00 AM

Jeff I posted your need for a Hydro-motive 270 Volvo nose cone on the donzi.net site. There are many Donzi guys there that have Volvo drives & may have a extra one. Mark

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...410#post649410

JPrusinows 03-11-2014 04:01 PM

Thanks Mark, much appreciated! Very nice gesture! I hope to find one as I will probably use it as a mold to make a dozen or so, got to be something a few people need.

Thanks again!

Jeff

Hey, by the way when is the reunion this year? Dad and I planning to attend.

h2oboater 03-11-2014 04:25 PM

Jeff,, Bill [Conquistador_del_mar] in Texas May have one, he posted this on the donzi site

[If your friend can't find one soon, let me know. I have one on a lower unit that I am not using and I sold a new one in the box last year to a friend who might sell it. Bill[/QUOTE]

JPrusinows 03-16-2014 08:05 PM

Nose job Maltese

3 Attachment(s)
Just want to thank all who tried to find us a nose cone for our Maltese, much appreciated. However we didn't have any luck as of yet so back to factory original. Not too disappointed, just one less thing to worry about going forward and boat is really coming together as a very correct original just as delivered in 1974. snapped some pics of thei weekends project.

Thanks again,

Jeff[ATTACH=CONFIG]520402[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520403[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520404[/ATTACH]

Mario L. 03-17-2014 04:15 PM

I am running these on my boat, If you elect not to remake, I'm interested in acquiring yours, and will take them to a local foundry .......

JPrusinows 03-18-2014 02:15 PM

Mario,

I wish I could send the other one to you, but it was so old and made so poorly that it literally disintegrated on me! All I did was hit it a few times with a rubber mallet and screwdriver to delicately remove it and it fell apart. It had become very brittle and crystalized. It was just a matter of time before this one fell off too. I will keep my eyes open for one and maybe we can go in together and get some made? You do the same?

Thanks,

Jeff

scippy 03-18-2014 02:47 PM

Jeff...............Sorry to be off subject, but are you still considering making those dash inserts?.........I haven't heard anything back from you!

JPrusinows 04-01-2014 09:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521314[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521315[/ATTACH]Scip,

Made one and already installed it. See photos. Got about 175.00 into it, but it is beautiful. PM me if interested in one.

Jeff