Magnum or KlemmGem?

Notices

Magnum or KlemmGem?

Old 10-31-2016, 08:39 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
Atleast there's no cutout in the transom. Tie it down to the trailer real good and as long as the water is deep enough it should float the trailer with it.

I think the water is very thin around those islands. My first thought was to do just that, lash it all together and drag the mess into the water. My concern is its not very deep and is very mucky. If the trailer gear gets plowed up in the mud you could get into trouble quick.

Originally Posted by Lee
There is a ramp right around the corner at Walkers Landing, Tom mentioned that he did not have a title for the boat.
Didnt think he did, i chatted with him a bit on saturday. Do you know him? I thought i saw a ramp on Google earth just down one of the adjacent channels is it public access with fee? is it the one to the far right in the first pic up there? Looks like a road back to a lot with a small ramp. .

Originally Posted by rak rua
...........and if the hull takes on water and the trailer pulls it to the bottom, you haven't lost much,

(I like his little island, wonder what the other boats are/were?)

RR
its all little islands out there, pretty cool actually. Many of them are boat access only or have make shift bridges if they are close enough. Some have very nice houses on them. He said there are about nine boats but the Mag is the only one of interest apart from a small Baja.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 10-31-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Why not just pull it out of the weeds and wait until winter to skid it across?
Old 10-31-2016, 09:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't think leaving the hull on the trailer & floating it would work with the depth of the water of those back canals, dragging the hull only into the water would be the best way in my opinion. Walkers landing has a ramp that a Magnum could be pulled out from & is just south of where the boat is located... We had heard rumors about the past owner of the island & why all the boats were there, but all just talk...
Old 10-31-2016, 09:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sutphil
Why not just pull it out of the weeds and wait until winter to skid it across?
Great Idea but with the current of the south channel flowing into the canals we don't always get good ice there, plus at some point you will have to cross over someones privet property.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:23 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

I was thinking drag the boat off trailer and then into the water (not like your gonna hurt it lol) then strap drums to the trailer and drag that into the water. I have a car wash place by me that gives away 16 gallon drums that soap comes in i wound think five or six would be plenty. You could drag both to ramp pull trailer and remove drums then pull boat with trailer. If you look close the trailer looks like a decent home built. I've got piles of new tires and rims

Would love to hear whatever stories there are that surround this island of misfit boats . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )