Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
volvo 270 -bravo 1 >

volvo 270 -bravo 1

volvo 270 -bravo 1

Old 03-19-2019, 04:13 AM
Registered

Default volvo 270 -bravo 1

HI, what is involved from changing out a volvo 270 outdrive and installing a mercruiser bravo 1 drive in a Magnum 27? I know the engines and transom assemblies have to come out, what type of glass work is needed?
Old 03-19-2019, 11:26 AM
Registered

----The Volvo hole is way bigger than the Bravo hole. You might as well redo the whole transom. Extra strength would be a plus as Volvo delivered boats were made to run around 55 to 60mph. As long as you are doing it you might as well do the transom in composit as its better than marine plywood. A project like this can grow out of proportion as you have an old boat. You may also want to rework the back seat for easier access to the engine compartment. I wish the guy who did my transom had done this as it's hard to work in that space. X dimension is also a choice you will have to make. Lots of choices, lots of decisions! Others may add to this list...…..Bill S
Old 03-20-2019, 11:43 AM
Registered

There are also adaptor plates available. These would make the transition easier but not as clean looking. The cost comparison (transom replacement vs adaptor plate) would be similar. The transom replacement would probably still be more expensive.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:51 AM
Registered

----Good choice if there is no water intrusion in the transom anyway...…...Bill S
Old 03-21-2019, 08:38 PM
Registered

ok thanks guys