Notices

Miami Vice

Old 08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Salco3
I just wanted to say what a great thread, I got into powerboating because of Miami Vice as well and I always try and catch the re-runs when they are on TV.
You and me both brother!!!! It took me 24 years to get my Stinger but I'm very proud to own it!
I was also inspired by MV so I started small and worked my way up over the last 20 years or so. I have been very "brand loyal" and had a Chris Craft 210, 230, 245, 260 and finally my dream boat the 390X.

Call me crazy but I have all five seasons on DVD. Thank goodness for DVD's ...............
Old 09-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Shoulda Woulda Coulda
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ve3lt
You and me both brother!!!! It took me 24 years to get my Stinger but I'm very proud to own it!
I was also inspired by MV so I started small and worked my way up over the last 20 years or so. I have been very "brand loyal" and had a Chris Craft 210, 230, 245, 260 and finally my dream boat the 390X.

Call me crazy but I have all five seasons on DVD. Thank goodness for DVD's ...............
Congrats on the 390X... I too fell in love with that boat from watching the show. You have an extremely cool boat and a piece of 80s Americana as far as I'm concerned. I'm thinking of making a trip far north, just to see if I can convince you to give me a ride... That would literally be a dream come true!!! Take care of that bad-boy... - Chris
Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Nice video there "Sea-Dated"

I don't mean to pick at it, but the actual video did not have Sonny and Caroline in it, as it was Tubbs hearing "Voices" of revenge for his brothers death in NY. Russ Ballard also re-wrote the beginning of the song for the video (I know this as I have the original copy of the MTV video)
Anyway enough about that as it is a great montage of stuff related to Miami Vice.............

One neat little tid-bit of trivia that you may like to check out is in season one in the episode "Calderone's Return" where these boat sequences were actually shot out in th Ocean they were heading into the sunset (just like a cowboy I suppose?) Well, on the way back from the Bahamas when all was done at the end of the episode, you see the boat heading back to Miami.........or so you think. If you look real close you can see Sonny driving the boat on the wrong side!!! WTF? What they did was reverse the film backwards and play it so it looked like the boat was heading the other direction but actually it was the original film footage...

hahahahaha - I know many of you are out the door heading to Blockbuster to rent season one to see for yourselves!
I noticed the exact same thing immediatly too!!!! I bought the box set last week, and on the "calderones return" vid, noticed that the helm and Sonny on the wrong side! I guess it takes hard core boaters to catch stuff like that. The average joe probably would've never noticed that. Miami Vice was, is, and always will be the best show on TV!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by High-C
Congrats on the 390X... I too fell in love with that boat from watching the show. You have an extremely cool boat and a piece of 80s Americana as far as I'm concerned. I'm thinking of making a trip far north, just to see if I can convince you to give me a ride... That would literally be a dream come true!!! Take care of that bad-boy... - Chris
Well Chris, if you ever come to Niagara for a holiday I'm only a ten minute drive from the Honeymoon City. I am right on Lake Ontario at the St.Catharines Marina and you are VERY welcome to pop by anytime next summer for a ride. I would be happy to take you and your wife (girlfriend...or both) out for a ride anytime. I live right at the Marina in the summer months.
I hang around a bunch of other guys with go-fasts so we can have a hell of a raft up! One of my buddies owns a Fountain and the other a Profile...just to name a few. Lots of fast boats to go for a ride in on a nice sunny day.

Speaking of "Americana", I went to Toronto Island for a couple of days this past July and hung out at the Island resort hotspots. You would not believe how many people recognise the boat!!! Young and old alike?!? I get compliments everywhere I go.
I went in the Thousand Island Poker Run but navigated for my friend in his Profile. At the big dinner galla I was talking to people and they all tried to convince me to bring the boat out next year for the event ...even if I don't race it. I will definitely bring it next year, but I am only going to run it from Kingston to Brockville and back and leave out the rest of the run. In all honesty my boat is too slow for that event, but everyone thought it would be "uber cool" if I show up with it, as it is the biggest Poker Run in all of North America. Reggie Fountain himself was there in person! Anyway I can't compete with 120mph boats, so I'll just be a cruiser!

Last edited by ve3lt; 10-01-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SKATERKAT
Miami Vice was, is, and always will be the best show on TV!!!
"Choo gottit mayhan"

(see episode "Phil the Shill" season2)
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Great video of when Crockett turned bad!!!, and a nice Talon 25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP-Z20QHsc0
Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

Well Chris, if you ever come to Niagara for a holiday I'm only a ten minute drive from the Honeymoon City. I am right on Lake Ontario at the St.Catharines Marina and you are VERY welcome to pop by anytime next summer for a ride. I would be happy to take you and your wife (girlfriend...or both) out for a ride anytime. I live right at the Marina in the summer months.
I hang around a bunch of other guys with go-fasts so we can have a hell of a raft up! One of my buddies owns a Fountain and the other a Profile...just to name a few. Lots of fast boats to go for a ride in on a nice sunny day.

Speaking of "Americana", I went to Toronto Island for a couple of days this past July and hung out at the Island resort hotspots. You would not believe how many people recognise the boat!!! Young and old alike?!? I get compliments everywhere I go.
I went in the Thousand Island Poker Run but navigated for my friend in his Profile. At the big dinner galla I was talking to people and they all tried to convince me to bring the boat out next year for the event ...even if I don't race it. I will definitely bring it next year, but I am only going to run it from Kingston to Brockville and back and leave out the rest of the run. In all honesty my boat is too slow for that event, but everyone thought it would be cool if I show up with it, as it is the biggest Poker Run in all of North America. Reggie Fountain himself was there in person! Anyway I can't compete with 120mph boats, so I'll just be a cruiser!

Next time you run to Toronto Island on a Saturday post it in the Canadian Section. I will come out and run with you guys.

All black Pantera 28 F1.

We are probably hitting up Baranga's this weekend running across from Toronto.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Note that "Expressly built for DJ" is spelled wrong, not too mention one of those pictures is of a boat based in Ohio.

--I'm JUST SAYING---

Come on over to the Scarab section as we have several "Miami Vice Edition" 38KV's and ONE we know 100% that was one of the camera boats.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered

Default Hi ve3lt

The guy in Germany had the original KV...not the Stinger. Or so he claims? He said he had a tag on it that claims it to be the boat but anyone can get a placque made up???
I'm not calling the guy a liar or anything but it does bring up some questions when another person in the U.S also claims to own the ORIGINAL boat????
Here are some pics I got off the internet from the guy in Germany that has been mentioned.

I guess you have to make up your own mind?
Jet Jock is Correct. the top picture is of my boat. The other is in Norway. My boat has the (anybody can make) plaque on the dash as well. However, I also have the original build sheet and a certificate DIRECTLY FROM WELLCRAFT stating its authenticity. And signed by the president of Wellcraft himself. This boat still carries the battle scars from the show including two bolts still remaining on the bow for wire hold downs. If you look carefully at the boat (in person) you can see evidence of repaired holes on the bow stripe area that were drilled to accept eye bolts for camera and crew hold downs. further there are camera mount holes in the salon hatch and on the dash along with repaired holes in the rear engine hatch. this boat participated in the Kingston poker run a few years back and was berthed in the Island region. It was featured on several news channels. I will try to post that video. I am with you that several others that many claim to have an "Original" only a few of us really do. Anyway, enough of my self protective stuff. You have a beautiful machine as well. You have to love these old machines. It is crazy how many people recognize them and doubt the authenticity until you show them the papers. We boat in the Lake Erie region. there are many events to go fasts. We should plan a get together next year and go to Put In Bay for the weekend. These two boat together would be an event in itself !

Here is the old crate as it looked on 8-31-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbt46aJpuo

Cheers!

Jim

Last edited by Smacky; 09-10-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: add info
Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

ah the good ole days !!!!!

Quick Reply: Miami Vice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.