Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay >

Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay

Notices

Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay

Old 07-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay

Chesapeake Bay is great for powerboating from Va Beach to Northeast, MD. I mostly run the northern areas from Annapolis up, and east to west. Where do you think the best boating on the Bay is?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probally where you are at. The lower bay can get real crappy at times in the Hampton Bay Bridge area. July & August is great down that area when the big high pressure cells sit offshore. That keeps the bay flat & is a great time to come to that area.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've lived in a couple areas on the bay and it always seems the one you currently boat in is the best. We currently live on a creek off of the patuxent river and couldn't be any happier with the local waterways. I grew up in annapolis, and loved the water there, but now when i head up there i always feel like its too crowded.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Registered

I like heading up and to the east side of the Bay for calm waters and we avoid the heavy boat traffic around Annapolis and Baltimore for the most part. The Sassafras River is a good run, Rock Hall , St Michaels. Baltimore Harbor is a nuisance to me.If anyone can find good boating there I'm missing something. Crowded,rough,polluted and little avail. dockage with hefty fees to hourly transients.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:39 AM

Well with a 38 Fountain, you should be OK mnost all over the bay. I prefer the eastern shore over by the TIKI bar, just north of the Bay bridge. Water is clear and nice less police, Oh and Tiki Bar rocks!!!!!

BTW a crew of us is going saturday

WILL
Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Registered

Pat, where out of Middle River are you? We're up at CYC on Frog Mortar Creek.

The upper part of the bay is a grat place, with Fairlee, Stillpond, Loyd's Creek, then the western side with the Susquehana, Northeast rivers, thenh the trip up to the Chesapeake Inn.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Well with a 38 Fountain, you should be OK mnost all over the bay. I prefer the eastern shore over by the TIKI bar, just north of the Bay bridge. Water is clear and nice less police, Oh and Tiki Bar rocks!!!!!

BTW a crew of us is going saturday

WILL
Did you hear that last weekend a group from a family reunion at the hotel, later came to the Tiki Bar last Saturday night. A fight broke out and a person got shot?
Old 07-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered

Question

We are out of Galloway Creek which is close to CYC. Where is the Tiki Bar near the Ches.Bay Bridge? I'm not aware of any other than Solomon's Island and Jellyfish Joels @Fairlee.We run to Waterman"s Crabhouse at Rock Hall and Dock of the Bay most times other than Fairlee.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

i'm looking for some other places to travel. What is saint michaels like?..also there were a couple crab houses I saw a few years ago on offshore performance poker run, through tilghman island passage and then left.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

St. Michaels is a great town. Stay at St. Michaels Marina. They have a pool and a great outside bar. The Crab Claw is probably the best place to get crabs and it's a short walk away. It's a great town to walk around and you can do a pub crawl at night. It's one of my favorite spots. If you're taking your woman, she'll love the window shopping. It's an all around great boating oriented town.

Harrison's at Tighlman is nice, but there's not much to do there other than eat crabs.

Quick Reply: Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.