July 25th Aquapalooza @ Tims Rivershore 2 >

July 25th Aquapalooza @ Tims Rivershore 2

Notices

July 25th Aquapalooza @ Tims Rivershore 2

Old 07-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper TT
Any suggestions for easily accessible diesel fuel docks between the mouth of the Potomac and Fairview?
Cobb Island, pull right up to Art's fuel dock, Pirates Den, Several of us are staying in the area. If you need it sooner, then I suggest Tall Timbers, Maryland side across from Coles Point, just do not cut that marker in the no wake area going in.

Rick
Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
Cobb Island, pull right up to Art's fuel dock, Pirates Den, Several of us are staying in the area. If you need it sooner, then I suggest Tall Timbers, Maryland side across from Coles Point, just do not cut that marker in the no wake area going in.

Rick
Thanks Rick. Is Art's on the inside of the island? I'm looking at Google Earth orienting myself now. This will be my first trip to the Potomac via boat.

In the past, I trailered my old Fountain to Ft. Washington and launched from there but never went south of Gilligans.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viper TT
Thanks Rick. Is Art's on the inside of the island? I'm looking at Google Earth orienting myself now. This will be my first trip to the Potomac via boat.

In the past, I trailered my old Fountain to Ft. Washington and launched from there but never went south of Gilligans.
Sal

Yes, there is a small bridge that connects the island to the mainland, and Art's place is right beside it, real easy for the
40' to pull up and fuel,
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...3&z=15&iwloc=A
zooming in Art is to the right of the bridge, so you will get to his place before reaching the bridge, I am going up Friday night, we most likely will not leave there till 11-1130, so give me a shout, 804-405-3380 - Rick -
Old 07-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Sal...you also have Goose Bay Marina, north of the 301 bridge, and past Gilligans. They have all 3 grades, of fuel. If it matters to you Colonial Beach Yacht club on Monroe bay has 89 octane, non-ethonol.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Registered

If you need fuel before you go to far up the river pull into Point Lookout Marina. Plenty of deep water there up to the fuel dock and last time I was down there on the 4th diesel was around $2.69 or $2.79. There is a very short no wake zone about 200 yards till you get to the fuel dock, then you are back on plane running out of Smith Creek.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Last edited by Gillagorilla; 07-23-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
Sal

Yes, there is a small bridge that connects the island to the mainland, and Art's place is right beside it, real easy for the
40' to pull up and fuel,
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...3&z=15&iwloc=A
zooming in Art is to the right of the bridge, so you will get to his place before reaching the bridge, I am going up Friday night, we most likely will not leave there till 11-1130, so give me a shout, 804-405-3380 - Rick -
Sounds good Rick. I'll give you a call when I'm near Cobb Island.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Sal...you also have Goose Bay Marina, north of the 301 bridge, and past Gilligans. They have all 3 grades, of fuel. If it matters to you Colonial Beach Yacht club on Monroe bay has 89 octane, non-ethonol.
You know I run the girly pink stuff!

Originally Posted by Gillagorilla
If you need fuel before you go to far up the river pull into Point Lookout Marina. Plenty of deep water there up to the fuel dock and last time I was down there on the 4th diesel was around $2.69 or $2.79. There is a very short no wake zone about 200 yards till you get to the fuel dock, then you are back on plane running out of Smith Creek.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...-8&sa=N&tab=wl
Good to know. Thanks man.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Linster;2912481]Got it, I appreciate the help. I would have not guessed that. Any other dangers up that way?

I usually leave a bit of a wake when i blow by Beak Boater and Dream Boater.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by seltzer
I took a royal ass whoopin from the both of them when I brought my Fountain out 2 years ago!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=seltzer;2917286]
Originally Posted by Linster
Got it, I appreciate the help. I would have not guessed that. Any other dangers up that way?

That's Funny, I watch out for that wake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.