Notices

July 25th Aquapalooza @ Tims Rivershore 2

Old 07-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=seltzer;2917286]
Originally Posted by Linster
Got it, I appreciate the help. I would have not guessed that. Any other dangers up that way?

I usually leave a bit of a wake when i blow by Beak Boater and Dream Boater.
this guy is always startin drama.....
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Viper TT
Any suggestions for easily accessible diesel fuel docks between the mouth of the Potomac and Fairview?
HEADS UP!!!! Pirates Den DOES NOT have diesel. Check with Shymansky's also at Cobb Island 301-259-2221 or you'll have to try Colonial Beach, VA or Goose Bay 301-934-3812. I got diesel last time at Goose Bay.

Sorry for the trip up but Pirates Den carried diesel up until this year. Some people were not aware of the changes.

Any questions call me 301-674-2773
Bill
Old 07-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Sal...you also have Goose Bay Marina, north of the 301 bridge, and past Gilligans. They have all 3 grades, of fuel. If it matters to you Colonial Beach Yacht club on Monroe bay has 89 octane, non-ethonol.
He needs diesel...

Read this again:

Originally Posted by marylandmark
If coming on the Potomac READ THIS- it could save your life!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 45sonic
HEADS UP!!!! Pirates Den DOES NOT have diesel. Check with Shymansky's also at Cobb Island 301-259-2221 or you'll have to try Colonial Beach, VA or Goose Bay 301-934-3812. I got diesel last time at Goose Bay.

Sorry for the trip up but Pirates Den carried diesel up until this year. Some people were not aware of the changes.

Bill
Appreciate the heads up. I'll check with Shymansky's.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

[QUOTE=seltzer;2917286]
Originally Posted by Linster
Got it, I appreciate the help. I would have not guessed that. Any other dangers up that way?

I usually leave a bit of a wake when i blow by Beak Boater and Dream Boater.
I guess thats why its been so calm on the Potomac....something like a wake-free zone. I guess its just a coincidence, that now that the Skater is back on the river, you have been boating in the center console.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 45sonic

Bill
Thanks for the save Bill, didnt know Art had taken out the Diesel,

Sal, did everything work out for you? We took off for Tim's around 1045,
Old 07-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
Thanks for the save Bill, didnt know Art had taken out the Diesel,

Sal, did everything work out for you? We took off for Tim's around 1045,
Yup. Thanks to you and Bill everything worked out well. I fueled up at Shymansky's and got to Fairview around 12. You probably have a missed call from me around 11:30 after I finished fueling up, but I didn't leave a message.

I picked up one small war scar from my cousin's boat since we were rafted up together during that crazy storm that hit, but nothing major.

The ride was very nice. Took us ~3 hours from Cambridge, MD to Fairview Beach cruising at 40mph. It was right around 125 miles one way. The boat used 90 gallons each way and could have made the round trip without refueling. It holds 250 gallons, but I topped it off anyway at Shymansky's just for peace of mind. We left around 9am this morning and are home safe and sound.

Last edited by Viper TT; 07-26-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered

Nice ViperTT! 40MPH cruise @ 90 gals for 125 miles
Old 07-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Nice ViperTT! 40MPH cruise @ 90 gals for 125 miles
Thanks. That was my first long trip and I had to log everything to satisfy my curiousity!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

We got banged up pretty bad. We were close to shore in about 3.5' -4' of water. Saw the storm coming and had 5 anchors out for three boats, four in front and one stern. When the first gust of wind came a yellow and black 25-28' Crownline ran into our raft up. Dave, Tony, and myself jumped in the water and held the Cownline off for quite some time but then another raft of two boat came drifting into him which was too much to hold. The owner of the Crownline and his passengers were all in the cabin scared sh!tless. Found out this was his first season boating. The storm calmed a little and somehow the three boats in front of us, including the Crownline got away from us and went about 100' upwind. I was still ine the water around back of ours helping the girls on our boats with the fenders and lines when my fiancee tells me the yellow one is drifting toward us again. I run up to the front to intercept. My thought was to try and push it around our raft up and let him keep drifting ashore. When I got there and suck my arms out to push near the back I saw the most horrifing thing ever! The drive was trimmed all the way up and the boat was running.... IN GEAR!!!! AND....There was no one at the helm!!! My fiancee saw it too from my boat and was yelling for me to get out of the way, I moved out of the way and watched his stern ram into our bows. Tony's Formula next to me got some damage under his bow hook from the spinning prop. Then it was in front of mine and my fiancee went up my bow and jumped onto the Crownline and ran up and shut it off and screamed at the driver, who was in the cabin, to not start this boat again! He said he was trying to get away. She screamed "you don't what you are doing and you're going to kill someone." She crossed back to mine somehow and then I watched it turn around and the anchor holder on the bow was smashing up and down on our bows. Then to top it all off, another boat came into the side of our end boat, Tony's Formula. It was a mess! All three of us have gel coat damage on the bows. Two are missing the nav lights. Tony's Formula had gel damage on the port side. We're done with Aquapalooza.... The thing is, this was not a bad storm.

Last edited by Shah Mat; 07-27-2009 at 06:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.