Ocracoke/Morehead city >

Ocracoke/Morehead city

Notices

Ocracoke/Morehead city

Old 04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocracoke/Morehead city

has anyone ever boated down that way? Thought it would be cool to trailer down to Hatteras Village and head over to Ocracoke or maybe down to Morehead. I've been to Ocracoke, cool liitle village, never been to Morehead. My uncle lives in Oriental, NC. I could head down that way and shoot over from there also. Only problem is my uncle is a die hard sailor and a major tree hugger so that may not be the best idea.

has anyone done this?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Registered

I've done it a couple times. Towed my 28' Checkmate down and rode the ferry across to Ocrakoke. First year we stayed in the hotel right as you come into town. The lady that owned the hotel has a house with pier in the sound. Kept the boat at her dock all week. We had a blast. There used to be a great sandbar just south of the island. Could pull the boats up on the beach and be protected from the ocean. Totally gone from a hurricane last trip. Second time we rented a house on a canal with a dock. Great place to visit.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Not Right
Only problem is my uncle is a die hard sailor and a major tree hugger so that may not be the best idea.
Mount a trolling motor to one of your outdrives and tell him its a prototype hybrid gas electric boat

i've never taken a boat there , but been to OBX many times and my only advice would be to watch the weather , bad storms can and will pop up quickly.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt , are you comin out this weekend
Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a rental house on Ocracoke, been going there since I was a kid.
We took my buddies 28' Formula down last Memorial Day for seven days. The wind blew from the north all week and we could never get a decent day to boat to Hatteras. The sound was kicking up pretty good when we got a few miles out. We did have fun going to Portsmith Island and hanging on islands that occasionally form on the southern tip. Did a little fishing here and there and had a blast.
He kept it at The Anchorage Inn Marina. The rates weren't that bad for the week and included use of the pool.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chuckels
Matt , are you comin out this weekend
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...ns-sunday.html

not tryin to hi-jack this thread
Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yeah, that's the problem down there. Depending on wind direction and speed, it can be a real mess. Although it's some nice boating around there. I've even boated to the sound side of Wanchese and Manteo for lunch and took a beating going back when the wind shifted. I was only in a 23' boat at the time though. Albamarle can get rough!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Registered

Anytime someone heads that way let me know. I have been to Ocracoke but never by boat. I usually just hang out by Washington NC. And if anyone wants to come hang out one weekend let me know. 2 5 2 9 4 5 4 3 3 3 just let me know.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Default Elizabeth City Area. Pleasure & Fishing

Originally Posted by teamvortec
Anytime someone heads that way let me know. I have been to Ocracoke but never by boat. I usually just hang out by Washington NC. And if anyone wants to come hang out one weekend let me know. 2 5 2 9 4 5 4 3 3 3 just let me know.
Nice talking to you on the phone. Sorry about your boat. Want to thank the ones that PM'ed me and I talked to on here. Found the Forum Thehulltruth.com and its geared more to the bigger fishing boats like I have and have joined over there. Thanks again guys for all the info and you guys that have those offshore screamers there beautiful. Ever want to try offshore fishing and be interested in a trade for a day on the water both ways feel free to e mail me. Take care all and safe boating.
Joby. Thanks for the invite. CP and I will be in touch with you and now that we know about these web sights I'll keep a watch on the poker runs and my time home from Calif.
Take care everyone and safe boating. LUKE [email protected]

Last edited by liveaboard74; 07-24-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Registered

I boat in Little Washington sometimes.... I usually stay around the New River in Jacksonville or out on the ICC between Wilmington and Emerald Isle.... But, do occasionally head to the Roanoke River/Western Albemarle Sound or Cashie River.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.