Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Cambridge / St. Mike's Destinations >

Cambridge / St. Mike's Destinations

Notices

Cambridge / St. Mike's Destinations

Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cambridge / St. Mike's Destinations

Just officially joined OSO today...the info in the forums section is spectacular...saved me replacing a perfectly good outdrive as recommended by a mechanic due to a hard shifting drive. That is another story. This weekend I am trailering to Cambridge, MD from PA to spend a long weekend on the Bay with a few friends. We are staying at the Hyatt and looking for a few good destinations. Crab's, beer, bands, ect. I have never been south of Kent Island / Annapolis. Will probably make a run to Red Eye's / The Jetty Sunday since the hydro's are running but I was hoping for a few ideas on Sat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you ever get to lake Raystown, PA look me up...Thanks!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Solomons Md is a great place to go.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are looking for a fantastic meal, go up the Choptank from the Hyatt about 7 miles to a restaurant called "Suicide Bridge" in Hurlock. It is on a small creek to the right of the river. The food is crazy good and they have lots of free docking. If you call early you can probably reserve big crabs too, but all their food is great.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ted G
If you are looking for a fantastic meal, go up the Choptank from the Hyatt about 7 miles to a restaurant called "Suicide Bridge" in Hurlock. It is on a small creek to the right of the river. The food is crazy good and they have lots of free docking. If you call early you can probably reserve big crabs too, but all their food is great.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I ate at the hyatt on sunday, on the way down to the bay, stop in at bay 100 for the conch fritters and a mojito.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 AM

Come down to Middle River...Tons of places to go for good crabs and drinks...Wild Duck, Carsons Creekside, Dock of the Bay, Riverwatch, Row Boat Willies, and the new Marli's..

( highly suggest Marli's )

Great places to raft up down here too...Heart Miller Island, Sue Creek, Galloway Creek, Strawberry Point...

And plenty of 93 available at all the marina's!

Forget solomon's..their water smells funny and puts a really nasty scum line on your boat..Yuck!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:08 AM

I haven't been to Middle River in years...weather looks great this weekend so maybe we will run up there. If not this weekend for sure in early Sept. when we launch farther North.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by FastDad
I haven't been to Middle River in years...weather looks great this weekend so maybe we will run up there. If not this weekend for sure in early Sept. when we launch farther North.

September 11th is a BumperBash at Heart Miller Island...

You should try to make it to that...Good Party..
Old 08-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association may have a raft up at the Hydro Plane Races on Kent Island this weekend. I know that you said you thought about going to Red Eyes and these races are in the same area.

For more information go to

www.cbpba.com
Old 08-03-2010, 12:10 PM

A raft up there is a good idea. We came down last year for the hydos on Sunday and there were only a few go-fast's floating around...I was suprised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.