Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Mid Atlantic US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/mid-atlantic-us-223/)
-   -   Aug 1st Gilligan's Pier (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/mid-atlantic-us/235053-aug-1st-gilligans-pier.html)

Beak Boater 07-19-2010 04:18 PM

Aug 1st Gilligan's Pier

This is a MEGA HUGE event with four bands, Car 54, Sam Grow, Full Steam and No Green Jelly Beenz. Marcie, who manages and bar tends at Gilligan's, and her family have fallen on hard times. Marcie's daughter has been fighting brain trauma and the medical bills are piling up. We..., in Southern Maryland, like to take care of our own. So all four bands, Car 54, Sam Grow, Full Steam and No Green Jelly Beenz, have teamed up to put on one HELL of a Sunday Funday to raise money for Marcie and her family. For only a $5 cover, you get to see four southern marlyand bands each put on a set, and bring it together to rock out with each other! All proceeds will go directly to Marcie, so make your plans to come out now! The party starts at 2 pm! The schedule for the day follows:

2-3 Car 54
3:45-4:45 Sam Grow
5:15-6:15 Full Steam
7:00-8:00 No Green Jelly Beenz

In addition to all of this entertainment, there will be raffles, 50/50 drawings, and many other fun things and giveaways to help raise money for Marcie and her family.

Plan to come out, Southern Maryland! See you there!!!

seltzer 07-19-2010 04:28 PM

Sounds like another fun Sunday at Gilligans.

45sonic 07-19-2010 04:44 PM

I'm there !!!! May have to be going in late Monday morning :)

Beak Boater 07-19-2010 04:57 PM

It will be a great time and even a better cause!!!!! Help get the word out. Sunday's can be a little lean their, as witnessed last Sunday with even the Worx's playing. I know not everyone can stay home on Mon. to recover.

offshoredrillin 07-19-2010 05:06 PM

I'm a maybe, have to see how things pan out. Would love to help out :)

BobbyB 07-19-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Beak Boater (Post 3162745)
It will be a great time and even a better cause!!!!! Help get the word out. Sunday's can be a little lean their, as witnessed last Sunday with even the Worx's playing. I know not everyone can stay home on Mon. to recover.

I love having mondays off. lol

marylandmark 07-19-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Beak Boater (Post 3162745)

I went past Gilligan's around 4-430 and it was pretty empty. They were pretty slow all day- ran by there around 1 heading to Colonial Beach for lunch. Place on the point was out of oysters so my ride over with for nadda but did get to see Mikes new house on the water. Can't wait for the rehab to be done and the house warming party!

Car 54 was at Caseys on Saturday- place was packed and I think I stayed a few hours longer than I should have. They made an announcement about 8/1 @ Gilligan's.

Too short of notice for me but hope they have a good turn out. We'll be in Philly for a wedding ('nother sucker!) but going to try to come home early enough to make an appearance.

seltzer 07-20-2010 09:55 AM

I think it was just too damn hot sunday. No Breeze.
We got to Gilligans around 530 and had to go inside for some ac after just a few minutes.

sonicss42 07-20-2010 10:34 AM

I'd like to go. Am off 6 days that weekend. I'm in Middle River but do not know where it is. Any help would be appreciated.

marylandmark 07-20-2010 11:39 AM

http://www.potomacriver.org/info_cen...vermiles8.html

Good maps there but it's pretty easy.

Middle River to the bay, head south, make a right at Point Lookout to come west/northwest on the Potomac River, go under the Harry Nice Bridge and about a 1/2 mile-ish on the right; you'll be there.