Notices

Virginia Beach

Old 01-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

It's about a mile or so north of where the Bridge meets the eastern shore. Always heard Sunday is the party day over there!!!

I have never been there but be careful - there are sand bars. I would suggest going in on a medium tide riding up the full tide and then getting out by a mid-tide. That's what my buddies told me I should do.

I had a great picture from a year or two ago of a 31' Grady White with NO water underneath it!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully ill follow someone who is familiar with the water up there. Or follow my neighbor in is 32' fishing boat, he'll hit bottom before me, ha.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

There's some good info about the Tiki Bar in this link. They talk about the sandbars on pg. 3 but it doesn't sound too bad.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...-Eastern-Shore
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Tiki bar is awesome, we go over a couple times a yr, it's best with a north wind since it's pretty exposed, just pay attention to the tides and you'll be fine, the sand bars change every year so who knows what it will be like this yr. It's the first building west of the bridge so you cant miss it from VB
Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raft up

Originally Posted by seafordguy
There is rarely more than 1-2 boats at our raft up before Memorial Day weekend.

I think most people (especially with kids in school) don't even pull the cover off the boat until Memorial Day Weekend.

I always plan to be in the water earlier than that but it just never seems to happen!!!
Where do you guys raft up.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cole-One
Where do you guys raft up.
I all depends Time of the year and the price of fuel, Chippokes ( Surry), Tiki Bar (Eastern Shore), The Cove ( Elizabeth River), The Narrows ( in between Broad Bay and Linkhorn Bay) And the Redneck Riviera ( North Landing River @ Northlanding Beach Camp Ground)
Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered

I'm assuming the Tiki Bar is seasonal, does it open around Memorial Day or is it before/after that?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2FastWarlock
I'm assuming the Tiki Bar is seasonal, does it open around Memorial Day or is it before/after that?
I am thinking before that, But it is a chilli wade to shore early in the spring.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

people dont usually get over there till the water warms up since you have to wade in, plus spring can be tough around here, it tends to be windy and the bay gets ridiculously rough, I hear Chippokes is the place, it was just too far for me (45 miles or so each way)

where did you move from?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

On the Peninsula Side there are a couple raft up spots - one is the New Point Comfort Lighthouse, and one is what we all call "The Duckblind" - located right inland of where the Bay meets the Poquoson River and Chisman Creek. It is swimming distance from my house (no exageration since certain members of our group have done it) so I typically end up there.

New Point Comfort Lighthouse will often have 50-75 boats. The "Duckblind" is more in the 25-40 with July 4th being typically closer to 100.

You won't see many Go-Fasts on the Penninsula. Just me and one or two other fountains - everyone things my boat is a fountain knockoff!!

EDIT - I forgot to mention Factory Point - which is an inlet off the Chesapeake Bay that is just past Salt Ponds if you are coming from the Beach. Rumor is everyone just pulls right up on the beach there because the water drops off fast so your transom sits in deep water.

Last edited by seafordguy; 02-02-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.