Lake Anna Fun Run -- Feeler >

Lake Anna Fun Run -- Feeler

Notices

Lake Anna Fun Run -- Feeler

Old 01-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Lake Anna Fun Run -- Feeler

Been talking to some buddies about doing a fun run/poker run on Lake Anna. Of course this would be smaller boat geared, but myself, and a number of other locals with 30-40' boats run here quite often during the summer. The lake is a little over 17 miles tip to dam, and we could probably expect 20-25 miles of run. The lake, for those of you that haven't been there, is very nice, very clean, and has a number of very nice homes on it. With the opening of Tims @ the lake, there are now a total of 4 restaurants on the water, and plenty of other places we could make a 5th stop.

Is anyone interested for a change of pace? There are plenty of very nice ramps/facilities capable of handling most any size boat. I'm all ears.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would run it, been talking about going back to lake Anna. Last time I was on the lake, you could still stay on plane going under the bridges, and you may only see a couple of Jet Ski's. I understand things have changed their now.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

I'd be interested. I love that lake.

However, I think water patrol would have to be alerted and worked with on this. The 208 Bridge area is as busy and dangerous as the mixing bowl in Springfield. And as soon as we delve into the narrow spots toward either northern tip, it would have to be agreed upon by all that we would run single file at controlled speeds.

Oh yeah, water level needs to be up too! You guys with tiny steps are good, but if I can't float 5 inches or so off the trailer, I'll be bringing the jet ski!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its worth looking into. As Brian said, communication with the water patrol would be a must.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

sounds good. It will give us a good reason to go to the Lake.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to do it, another opportunity to get with like minded boaters is always a hit in my book. That said I'm not interested in another $300 poker run that all I get out of is a gas bill.

I'm familiar with the lake (well I know where it is) from wake boarding days but are there any hotels etc on the water?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Registered

been a while since we were there, but we might be interested if the date works out.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

To answer some questions:

1) I'm thinking fun run here, $30-50 hands, no frills.

2) Sturgeon Creek and High Point both have some DEEP ramps. Even with the lake is down a bit I'm 18" over my trailer if I want to be.

3) There are 3 hotels on the lake now. The new one opening under Tim's on the lake, and Anna Point and I believe High Point both have hotels.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Registered

It would be a blast! Check with some of the current locals for help. They have a hot boat weekend early in the year and would be interesting to do it that weekend.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the idea too. Might be nice to do it in August after jelly-fish season has hit the tidal waters...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.