Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
About Chesapeake Bay boating >

About Chesapeake Bay boating

Notices

About Chesapeake Bay boating

Old 12-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I grew up on the bay. We had a 23 wellcraft nova. Plenty of boat for most days. Among the places listed add hart miller island. Also Baltimores inner harbor is great. Stoney creek has nabbs creek cafe. Also places in rock creek and bodkin. A lot of waterfront eats and drinks in that area.

Also wind finder is a great app for wind. I use it for work and its very accurate.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_pag...&ts=1406937600

This light is about a mile from where we live. If it's blowing more than 15kts from the south it gets pretty nautical out there. Otherwise, your boat would be fine. From that page you can also check bouys all up and down the Bay, very handy.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! So many options. I'll have to start planning on the places to eat at and where all I want to go on the water. Ted, thank you for the link on all there is to know about the Chesapeake Bay.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Captain Nick
Is my boat big enough for the Chesapeake Bay?
Where do you find information on wind speeds?
Looking at the Annapolis, MD area. Places to stay? Places to launch at? Good waterfront places to eat at?
Can you run open exhaust? I only ask because on the Illinois Chain we have to run silent.

Shoot me a message when you get out this way and I'd be glad to show you around a few places. We are out on our boat almost every weekend, in the warmer months of course (is it boating season yet? ). Welcome to Maryland and I'm sure you'll find the Bay a very nice place for boating.

Brad
Old 02-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Registered

Cool thank you there Brad.

Nick
Old 02-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Registered

Sandy Point State Park has awesome ramps....it's the last exit prior to the Bay Bridge....safe and very clean and protected...literally right around the corner from the Severn River and the Navy Academy.....I boat in northern bay, but when I run Mid Bay I launch there. Google it ..... If ya wanna run up north....feel free to message me....ahead of time, we usually know by Thursday night where everyone is heading for the weekend....low key group....with a variety of boats..... I run a 22 Classic Donzi and a 28 Pantera....
Good Luck....safe travels.

Doc of the Bay
Old 02-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Registered

Dr. Dan, thank you for mentioning about the launch ramps. Nothing would be worse then to have a launch ramp be small for my boat. I wanted to mention there too the Donzi 22 Classic is a really cool looking boat. Same with your friends 28 Pantera. Again I would like to but have limited time off of work One of these times I will. Looking at Google maps you so many options on where to go which is really nice.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:29 AM
Registered

Ready for summer... This thread has me thinking about what and where I'm headed for the season opener
Old 02-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les
Ready for summer... This thread has me thinking about what and where I'm headed for the season opener

Anywhere...just wanna burn some fuel and let "Chillin The Most" stretch her legs....
Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Registered

I'm thinking about getting a few friends together, all meeting at Mikes South and head to Kenmorr to hang out a while when its time for season opener.... hahaha.. Can you tell summer has been on my mind a lot? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.