Notices

Chesapeake Bay

Old 07-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chesapeake Bay

We will probably be hanging out around Still Pond Saturday and maybe Joel's or Tolchester late in the afternoon if anyone is around.

Yellow & Orange 42' Fountain
Old 07-15-2016, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to meet up, still have yet to explore out that way. Haven't been to either of those places either. The farthest we've gone past Chesapeake city is elk river. Unfortunately, we can't make it out Saturday and are hoping to get out Sunday. I'd love to meet up with some folks on here at some point! Maybe I can talk the wife into skipping Saturday plans to join you.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Might be at still pond tomorrow in an almost 35' Fountain Miss Demeanor.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Registered

Well, the wife didn't buy in, off to run our errands and chores for the day, haha. Enjoy the day out there. Weather looks great!
Old 07-16-2016, 08:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Have to attend wedding today....we will be out on the water tomorrow...if anyone is out and about.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Registered

We will be out tomorrow, planning to start at chesapeake inn for lunch and see what's going on from there.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We spent both days out on the water. Killer storm Saturday late in the day!

Another great weekend in the books !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557338[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Chesapeake Bay-img_7825.jpg  
Old 07-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 69 Posts

If anyone ever heads down towards Cambridge or wants to meet around Kent Island, give me a holler.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by distantthunder
If anyone ever heads down towards Cambridge or wants to meet around Kent Island, give me a holler.
Sent PM...give me a call

Chris
Old 07-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

So, long story short had an issue last weekend that cost me time and $$ on the boat. Either way it's back up and running, and got a chance to take it out yesterday. Overall ran well, made it down to Joel's just to check out the trip. Couple questions for you all though. Not knowing the waters, we kept pretty close to the channel from elk river down. Took about 40 mins from Chesapeake Inn to where we turned off the channel to head towards Joels. We averaged 35-40 mph. Does this seem right for other folks that have made the trip? Is there any place along the waters to watch out for, or are safe to travel farther off the channel? We did notice some larger fishing boats running much closer to shore than us.

One thing we noticed is the water in general has a variety of currents and rouge wakes. Part of what kept our speeds down a bit besides not knowing the waters. A question did come up about our size boat traveling in that area. Its a heavier hull for sure, but nothing like the larger fishers/cruisers we saw and not really long enough to take some of the beatings from the wake. I'd be OK with them but the wife and kids not so much. Honest feedback here, is the 280 sport too small to be trying to get up and down that area on a weekend (more traffic, more wake, etc)?

Last question, not ever having anchored to the floating ball tie-offs they have at Joels, how does that work? Obv the dock isn't for docking there (may drop passenger drop off?) so I assume you tie off to the anchor balls and swim/walk in to the shore? Any insight on that would be great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.