2018 SML Poker Run

Like Tree0Likes

2018 SML Poker Run

Old 03-12-2018, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boat: Eliminator 28 Daytona Speedster, Nordic 28ss, Nordic 25 Rage
Smile 2018 SML Poker Run

Just a quick shout out and question on the May 18-19 poker run. I have been a participant and supporter of this event "forever" but have also watched participation go from full (75 max boats) in the early 2000's to something less that that for the last several years. So my shout out is to anyone looking for a great weekend on one of the most beautiful lakes in the entire country. I would surely love to see more great boats make the trip, would truly enjoy making new boating friends and I will assure you a great weekend of fun, camaraderie and water fun!

My question, for those that have either come and stopped or for those that have never come; is why? OK, our run doesn't take you 50, 60 or 90 miles. But it is in a great place, the event is always loaded up with great times, great people and boats. Sure would love to hear from you that you are coming (and have registered). For your convenience I am attaching a link to the SMLBA website where you can either sign up online or download forms to mail back in. LINK: Poker Run

If you used to come and stopped for any "solvable" reason, I sure would like to know that too. And just for the record, while I am a member of the SMLBA association, I am not an officer or affiliated in any other way except as a SML homeowner and performance boat owner that
- would love to see more cool, fast boats
- would love meet more people, like me, who are passionate about their boats
- would like to see our event enjoyed by as many as we can handle

I am sending my registration package in today and cannot wait to share my "new to me" 28 Eliminator Speedster with my new and old friends. Looking forward to seeing your many responses and many "I'm coming this year". See you in May.

Alan
Old 06-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Registered

Alan,

Not sure I am much help to your thread, but have been going to SML for quite a few years... Never participated in the poker run, but recently bought a 30' Scarab Panther I am working on, and planning to be there next year! Was nice to still see a crowd show up this year in the rain, even if smaller. Everyone seems to get along great and have a fun weekend.

I would say maybe the weather, but if I remember correctly last year was almost perfect.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Registered

My Boat: 33'6 Formula

I was at the run not this year but the prior year and had a great time! I know the turnout was smaller that year due to bad weather forecasting but it ended up being nice. I do not have a go fast boat anymore but may bring the center console next year! The room/location and facilities were nice!