37 midnight wildcat project, NEED HELP >

37 midnight wildcat project, NEED HELP

Notices

37 midnight wildcat project, NEED HELP

Old 05-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37 midnight wildcat project, NEED HELP

I bought a 37 midnight about a year ago and and have new stringers in the boat, my next step is installin the tanks but im having trouble figuring out where to put them. Does anyone have any input? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many engines are you going with...makes a big difference in CG...center of gravity....

I had Quads on My 37 Sport Deck ...had to use a ballast 500 plus pounds in bow..I used sand in a tough box strapped down. But the lay up we used to build boat was light...very light....

I had a large bow tank but did not want to use it.
I used my Stern tank and normally ran 150 gallons. It held 400 gallons.

Most Midnights I have have built..or restored and seen have fuel tanks from bow to stern....3 or 4 or more...

The last one I built had 3.

My previous Midnight 37 CC that was built in the 80's had 4.

The tanks start at stern about 2" away from transom..

Have fun good luck and pictures please,,,
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered

Im gona go with 2 engines 300s or 350s, i thought about 3 engines, but im happy with 2. The center tank i have is around 280 gallons i believe 1/4" aluminum 10' long. Also have to saddle tanks about 100 gallons each.
From the research ive gathered already i noticed that these boats dont have alot of freeboard so im trying to make it light and so the stern floats as high as possible.
Theres also gona be a marlin tower going on the boat.
Gona get pictures up here in a few days when i get back home!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that the 37 that was in south carolina? There is a nice 37 in miami with quad 250s mercs for 40k!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

No, i bought mine out of OpaLocka Fl
Old 05-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by salty dog
Is that the 37 that was in south carolina? There is a nice 37 in miami with quad 250s mercs for 40k!
Saw that one....I think it holds 800 gallons of fuel
Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The wildcat from Toney drilling opa locka?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by midnightaccess
Im gona go with 2 engines 300s or 350s, i thought about 3 engines, but im happy with 2. The center tank i have is around 280 gallons i believe 1/4" aluminum 10' long. Also have to saddle tanks about 100 gallons each.
From the research ive gathered already i noticed that these boats dont have alot of freeboard so im trying to make it light and so the stern floats as high as possible.
Theres also gona be a marlin tower going on the boat.
Gona get pictures up here in a few days when i get back home!
Thats right....make sure bracket provides some buoyancy..most new ones by design do.

I know someone that went from 2 strokes to 4 strokes..not real happy..too much weight on stern..has tower with quads..live wells etc..ice, fishing tackle fully loaded high maybe low 70's...too much weight.

But will run through anything
Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered

I believe the guy i bought this from his name was Ray Klappert i think.

So you think i should maybe have the tanks center of gravity, especially because only having two outboards? I had another question to, how far is the deck from the top of the gunnell in yours, just trying to get an idea so i can make the deck high enough to drain properly. Thanks much appreciated.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by midnightaccess
I believe the guy i bought this from his name was Ray Klappert i think.

So you think i should maybe have the tanks center of gravity, especially because only having two outboards? I had another question to, how far is the deck from the top of the gunnell in yours, just trying to get an idea so i can make the deck high enough to drain properly. Thanks much appreciated.
The new Midnights raised the floor and deck about 5" the 39' Midnight started out as a 37' mold. They made a lot of changes.

...when u say drain...I had custom side scuppers on my Midnight CC with flappers... they were just infront of the rear transom bulkhead where the acess hatches were..so the were about 2" from water line.

I used a tennis ball in hole to prevent water coming in for security....thats about the only thing u can do other than putting pumps in a box and letting the water go into the box first then out through pumps...

My Spot Deck had no issues ..however I never fished it and the scuppers I put in the floor to drain into bilge which auto pumps evacuated water...but again never experienced any real amount of water on the Sport Deck.
Freeboard is low in stern..I would leave tanks alone,,,you can always add counter weight in bow.

E mail me and I will send u picts of mine..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.