Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/midwest-220/)
-   -   Newbies to LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/midwest/166558-newbies-loto.html)

debcod2 08-19-2007 11:49 AM

Newbies to LOTO

Hi everyone.
We are coming down on Friday for the weekend and this is our first time to LOTO.
We are staying at a friends house at MM1.
Seeing as how we have never run down here, we do we need to look out for and where is going to be the best spot to see the races?
We have a Formula 292 and our other friends that are coming with us have a 27' Baja.
If any of you guys are from around the 1MM area, maybe we could meet up with you and follow you down to the races.
Any info or advice you guys could give me would be greatley appreciated.

Buddy OO 08-19-2007 12:58 PM

shootout is easy to find, best place to view is to tie up along the spectator line in front of shooters, just head upstream you will go under a large toll bridge that is at the 17mm, go a few miles and stay to right at the y in the lake you will see all the boats at that point, would try to be there by 11:00 am get a good place near the end of the race course. you can come to the oso party at dog days friday to hook up with people, it is right at the y in the lake at 19mm, no wake area right before another bridge called grand glaize bridge.

debcod2 08-19-2007 01:07 PM

Thanks for the info.
Are there alot of no wake areas on the lake?

Brandon 08-19-2007 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by debcod2 (Post 2240014)
Are there alot of no wake areas on the lake?

Just in the coves mainly and up close to some docks. You will be free to blast the whole main channel. As far as getting to the shootout, just follow about any other boat out at 10am.

Lake-x 08-20-2007 04:37 PM

be sure to obey 30 mph after dark ... watch the water patrol there are more of them then you have probably ever seen on water.

debcod2 08-20-2007 05:27 PM

Got it, Thanks for the heads up

wannabe 08-21-2007 10:56 AM

Newbie also

First time visitors for us also- will be at Glen Cove Marina MM 21 near Shooters.

Wannabe

Mentalpause 08-21-2007 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2240005)
shootout is easy to find, best place to view is to tie up along the spectator line in front of shooters, just head upstream you will go under a large toll bridge that is at the 17mm, go a few miles and stay to right at the y in the lake you will see all the boats at that point, would try to be there by 11:00 am get a good place near the end of the race course. you can come to the oso party at dog days friday to hook up with people, it is right at the y in the lake at 19mm, no wake area right before another bridge called grand glaize bridge.

Getting there is easy. Getting away from there after the races - well, that is the fun part.:party-smiley-020:

debcod2 08-21-2007 09:41 PM

I'm looking forward to some quality playtime this weekend.
This will be the second weekend this year that we will be out without the kids. Adults only:party-smiley-048: .
So I dont have to worry about hitting a good roller and ejecting my 3 year old son.

Mentalpause 08-21-2007 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by debcod2 (Post 2243283)
I'm looking forward to some quality playtime this weekend.
This will be the second weekend this year that we will be out without the kids. Adults only:party-smiley-048: .
So I dont have to worry about hitting a good roller and ejecting my 3 year old son.

You still have to worry! Nothing like the ride leaving when everyone fires up at the same time!:D