Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water? >

Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?

Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Default Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?

Whats any scoop? Building? Anything big or small? Lake insiders on whats go n on or happening...
Old 02-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

Default Bac .08

E-mail or call your state rep if you live in Missouri and say you are against the Clean Boating Bill or HB 1715 I think is the number and we might have a chance of keeping the BAC at .10.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

The difference between a .08 and .1 bac is about 1 drink. The change won't make any difference to responsible boaters.

As for new places, Capt Ron's is doing a huge expansion and a new place that looks very nice called Coconuts at the Lake is opening at the old Kelley's Port location on the Gravois.
www.coconutsatthelake.com
Old 02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Registered

Thanks Griff! We like going to new places on the lake will defently check out Coconuts. Have to go check out Capt Rons too with the new change. Sounds like there gearing up for the Shoot out.(They may of change the name of it now)
Old 02-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff View Post
The difference between a .08 and .1 bac is about 1 drink. The change won't make any difference to responsible boaters.
Unfortunately 'responsibility' is tied to BAC levels. I know many folks that, even stone sober, shouldn't be piloting a boat (or driving a car for that matter).

Sadly, some who read this will jump to the conclusion that I'm for BUI but it is really about responsible operation regardless of what may or may not be in ones bloodstream.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dawg Gone View Post
Unfortunately 'responsibility' is tied to BAC levels. I know many folks that, even stone sober, shouldn't be piloting a boat (or driving a car for that matter).

Sadly, some who read this will jump to the conclusion that I'm for BUI but it is really about responsible operation regardless of what may or may not be in ones bloodstream.
You are right to an extent. I know people that are more dangerous dead sober, than others, that might be well over the limit. I have seen more accidents caused by lack of experience, and just not paying attention than I have caused by alcohol.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Griff View Post

As for new places, Capt Ron's is doing a huge expansion and a new place that looks very nice called Coconuts at the Lake is opening at the old Kelley's Port location on the Gravois.
Griff, do you know if Coconuts put new docks in?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause View Post
Griff, do you know if Coconuts put new docks in?

I don't know for sure, but the pics on their website look to be new docks. There was some talk about the place on MWBP.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered

So would coconuts be a little past the time out sports bar?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

I'm not sure exactly, but thats pretty close. I'm not up the Gravois that much and when I am, I'm usually at a freinds house at the 6mm and have only been higher up a couple times. I know Jolly Rogers is up there also, and I've heard mixed reviews about them.

Last edited by Griff; 02-26-2008 at 01:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser