Biggest LOTO waves??? >

Biggest LOTO waves???

Notices

Biggest LOTO waves???

Old 01-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Nick
I have no desires to go to LOTO. With how nasty the waves get and all the accidents I hear about.
Don't believe everything you read. There no more accidents hear than anywhere else people boat.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Having boat on Lake Michigan for over 30 years and living at LOTO I will tell you one thing. When the water is big on the great lakes boat DO NOT leave the docks. LOTO is rough every weekend from boat traffic. Holiday weekends is stupid rough.
I gess the people I know and boat with r just crazy or strate stupid. Not much holds us at the docks.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
You are missing out on the best destination in the midwest. Just go for a week around the end of July or so, it is not very busy during the week.
Would I be able to use my boat during a weekday at the end of July? I guess I could always go in October and not worry a single bit.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Easily can use a 25 Baja during the week. Can use it on the weekends too although just be careful, it will be rough on Saturday. This year if you picked a week between July 26-Aug 15 you will be fine, water will be warm for swimming and everything is open and won't be packed all the time. Weekends, meaning mostly Saturdays, during that period will be busy but not prohibitive. During the week it won't be busy.. Once labor day passes there are very few boats on the water during the week. The 3 holiday weekends, Support our Troops PR weekend and the Shootout are the 5 biggest weekends during the summer.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Would I be able to use my boat during a weekday at the end of July? I guess I could always go in October and not worry a single bit.
Yes, the end of July will be fine. This is us running from the 4 MM up by the dam to Ha Ha Tonka during that timeframe. As you can see, I'm not in any big boat and we are running between mid to upper 30's the entire trip.

Before I started going over the 4th all the time, I used to go the last week of June and then bug out before the 4th. I've also done the end of July and the first part of August. All good times. This year I'm thinking about the first part of September after the Labor Day crowd leaves.
Attached Thumbnails Biggest LOTO waves???-picture-034.jpg  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Starting late Monday afternoon of Labor Day for the rest of the week is some of the quietest times at LOTO, and all the places to go are still open. Tuesday on you can find 5-6 mile stretches where there will only be 1 or 2 boats. It has always been my favorite time to be there.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Well if someone is bored this is 11 minutes from or condo to the shootout on Saturday. 2014
I wasn`t there when every one was leaving but getting there was no big deal. I`d compare it to a decent day on the Great Lakes
But then again it is a Cig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqPG9mxTWC0

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 01-05-2015 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Registered

Thank you there everyone.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you there everyone.
Captain Nick...I always see threads from you about going everywhere...do you ever GO anywhere?
Old 01-07-2015, 07:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Well if someone is bored this is 11 minutes from or condo to the shootout on Saturday. 2014
I wasn`t there when every one was leaving but getting there was no big deal. I`d compare it to a decent day on the Great Lakes
But then again it is a Cig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqPG9mxTWC0
NOTE to Self--- Lower Flap next time!

Quick Reply: Biggest LOTO waves???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.