Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/midwest-220/)
-   -   condos forsale (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/midwest/241653-condos-forsale.html)

cig20 10-29-2010 08:31 PM

condos forsale

anyone know anything about wheel house condos ?

Griff 10-30-2010 01:57 AM

Older place. Not a lot of amenties. Its at the 3.5mm next to Docknockers. Probably priced low compared to other condos of similar size.

cig20 10-30-2010 10:01 AM

what would be a good price for a 2bed
and would it rent well when not using it

terry summers 10-30-2010 01:54 PM

There are 3-2 bedrooms on the market now..one for 75k and 2 for 79k...the last 2 bedroom sold out there was in 2009 and it sold for 88k..pretty good deals out there and most other places at the lake on condos

mpally 10-30-2010 10:24 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they have docks at the complex. I think you have to rent them from the marina next door.

Griff 11-03-2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by mpally (Post 3242898)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they have docks at the complex. I think you have to rent them from the marina next door.

Probably correct. I have never seen a rental condo there on vrbo that came with a slip.
Its Wheelhouse Marina as well.

Wilks 11-03-2010 07:14 PM

The Ledges is the best place to own if you plan on renting.
The pricing is down on units there. I just sold my 2bd 2bath unit in that complex. I have a 14x40 slip there that needs to go if anyone is interested.
[email protected]

Caluw1 11-16-2010 10:11 AM

I've been looking pretty hard this past month at picking up a condo. Tons of things on the market right now and everything is either coming down, or the owners just don't want to carry them through another "unoccupied" winter. I'm putting my list together for a trip in about a month. One area that I was looking at was across from the state park...yep, I know it seems quite off the beaten path, but it sure is nice and quiet back there and there isn't much development either. Be that as it may, has/will the new bypass decrease the travel time to that area? Also, any thoughts on the Park Place Complex down the Grand Glaize???

Knot 4 Me 11-16-2010 12:57 PM

Park Place is the condo complex in the State Park. Not a place I would consider.

wgg 11-16-2010 01:18 PM

Check out Lands End ...best location /ammenities on lake. Easy to get to by land and water

314joey 11-16-2010 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Caluw1 (Post 3254006)
I've been looking pretty hard this past month at picking up a condo. Tons of things on the market right now and everything is either coming down, or the owners just don't want to carry them through another "unoccupied" winter. I'm putting my list together for a trip in about a month. One area that I was looking at was across from the state park...yep, I know it seems quite off the beaten path, but it sure is nice and quiet back there and there isn't much development either. Be that as it may, has/will the new bypass decrease the travel time to that area? Also, any thoughts on the Park Place Complex down the Grand Glaize???

One bad thing is other than going further back on the GG arm you can't go anywhere on the weekends without going through the no-wake during most of the boating season, that would drive me crazy.

Caluw1 11-16-2010 02:15 PM

Ha...that's what I'm looking for...totally forgot about the no-wake...that could be a detriment for sure...not to mention having to deal with the gauntlet of WP every time as well. Anyone in the Four Seasons area...not looking to hijack this thread...any condo info is good info...if someone likes or doesn't like a particular area, thanks for mentioning it, but please say why...again, thanks.

I dug a little deeper in the Wheel House Condo's...although not a bad place, they are a bit older. They also haven't had an assessment update in some time and there's talk of having a good jump because of the age and condition of the complex. I chose to stay away.

eddie 11-16-2010 06:50 PM

I'd check out Lands End if I was looking. They are nice units, close to the by-pass and end of no wake zone. Stone Ledge also has nice units if you don't plan on renting yours out at all.

Don't rule out the State Park, we use the ramp at PB2 all summer and the coves in that area are awesome. You don't have to go to party cove, we only went a few times this year. Plenty of other coves to hang out in around that area.

redbud35 11-16-2010 07:22 PM

X2 On Lands' End. I have a place there. Love it! Can't beat the location, good resale. There are several units for sale right now. My two bedroom/bath is for sale. Looking to go to a three bedroom. Let me know if your interested.

314joey 11-17-2010 07:55 AM

There's also Bay Point Village which are nice and you can get a two bedroom at a good price and they're located in a great place at the 24.5MM right across the channel from Paradise.

Believe me having anything on the other side of the no-wake is no good, you don't want to go throught that No-wake all the time with the WP everywhere, that's silly.

Mentalpause 11-17-2010 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Caluw1 (Post 3254006)

New bypass will help minimally. It will get you to Rt 42 faster, but those units are a ways out Rt 42.

For those that haven't been down lately, the new bypass is open from business 54 (Bagnall Dam) to the Grand Glaize bridge. Now my wife can get from HH to the mall in half the time, so she's happy.

Caluw1 11-17-2010 08:45 AM

I was up camping with Ray during the Fall Harbor Hop at the State Park. Naturally the No-wake was no longer in effect...so it was easy to forget about it. Like I said, been doing my homework for about a couple months now...the following were considerations to view on my next visit...
Hawk Harbor
Greenleaf
Knolls
Tara
Eagle Bay
Indian Point
Park Place
I've been getting info from a couple of agents, but I haven't committed to one yet...initially it seems the listings they sent revolved around "their" inventory. I'll tap them for info on Lands End & Stone Ledge. I'm trying to stay under a $100K for this investment since it will only be a part time thing for now. Don't know about renting it out...not sure if I'll be into that, so high rental/transient type complexes might not fit the bill.

bajaholic 11-17-2010 10:03 AM

Which ever condo you look at and are considering, rule number 1: Look into the home owners association before you make any final decisions. Not just the cost, but get copies of the last couple of years budgets and meating notes. There is not always costs that are currently pending, but may have been discussed and will be in the future. This can also go both ways, changes they make this year, could actually save money in future?

Also "Reserves" are VERY inportant along with rental percentages for getting financing these days. Many projects have a prefered lender due to them having financed the project originally, but they may be just keeping them in house and if you want to refinance later... It could be a problem with regular loan companies.

All the above can be worked around, you just need to be knowledgable going into the purchase.

baywatch 11-17-2010 09:12 PM

You are finding 2bds with a slip at all of those complexes for under 100K? If so, I need to start shopping. If you are overlooking the slip you need to reconsider and get a condo with the largest slip possible.

As far as agents showing you their listings that is normally what you will get because they make more $ for the same amount of effort. I normally find what I want and then use the listing agent as my agent on the transaction because they have the most to gain on the transaction.

Caluw1 11-18-2010 07:43 AM

Brian, all good points and they're on my check off list. Baywatch, I kid you not, yes, you can find quite a bit under $100K 2 BR w/slip...it's just a matter of location, age, furnished, etc...just about all come completely furnished. There were even a few that had hoists in the slip as well. Closer to the holidays, the more they'll deal. Most that run from $100k - $120K aren't really offering much more than those floating at the $95 - $100K range...I think they're just a bit in love with their unit...or they're trying to make something back. There's a lot out there without a doubt.

terry summers 11-18-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Caluw1 (Post 3254871)
I was up camping with Ray during the Fall Harbor Hop at the State Park. Naturally the No-wake was no longer in effect...so it was easy to forget about it. Like I said, been doing my homework for about a couple months now...the following were considerations to view on my next visit...
Hawk Harbor
Greenleaf
Knolls
Tara
Eagle Bay
Indian Point
Park Place
I've been getting info from a couple of agents, but I haven't committed to one yet...initially it seems the listings they sent revolved around "their" inventory. I'll tap them for info on Lands End & Stone Ledge. I'm trying to stay under a $100K for this investment since it will only be a part time thing for now. Don't know about renting it out...not sure if I'll be into that, so high rental/transient type complexes might not fit the bill.

No doubt there are some deals out there on condos right now but of all the condos mentioned above there are only 2 of the projects (Tara and Eagle Bay) that have any 2 bedroom waterfront units for sale in the MLS for under $100,000.00...and they only have a 24' slip included.
Golden Reef is near the Grand Glaize bridge and not too far into the no wake zone.

Caluw1 11-18-2010 11:00 AM

...and do have any info on Golden Reef...

eddie 11-18-2010 06:29 PM

Golden Reef

Originally Posted by Caluw1 (Post 3255854)
...and do have any info on Golden Reef...

Only three on the MLS right now. They are 950 - 1,110 sq feet. The one with a 12 x 36 slip is contingent as well as the 1,100 unit with a 10x24. The one that is for sale has been on the market for about six months and has a 24' slip. Asking 115k for the 2 bed 950 sq foot unit builty in 1989.

flying J 11-19-2010 12:57 AM

I spent last weekend at the lake and looked at close to 30 or 40 units. Yes, there are deals right now. However, you still have to pay alot more for main channel view, good docks, and location. To score all of these in a 3bed 2 bath you are still over 200K. Indian Point has alot on the market right now. Problem is their assessments are really high. I'd rather put that money into buying a newer condo that has lower maintenance cost. Just make sure in the end you look at total cost and not just purchase price.

PWRQWST 11-20-2010 11:13 AM

Caluw one thing that you will want to remember is once you are there all the time you are going to trade boats sooner then you think. A 275 Baja is a nice ride but as you know it gets ROUGH out there. So if you buy a condo with a 24 ft slip and hang over now how much more once you trade? The only thing I would say is buy a big slip set up if at all possable. Most of the condos have 24 ft slips and one of the major reasons they are not selling is because of the slips. IMO
Lands End is a awsome spot but quite a bit more then you are looking to spend, but it is worth it as well. It seems you do not care what part of the lake you are on so you will have a lot to look at. Also check out Emerald Bay, we have enjoyed it. Good luck in what ever you buy.

Rich.

Caluw1 11-24-2010 09:12 AM

PWRQWST - I think moving up is always on our mind...and I'm sure somewhere down the line it will happen with me...I've learned a lot from visiting and from researching...a slip and its size are a very important consideration when purchasing...getting the right combination is a good chunk of the battle.