Lands End Condos and Docks???/ >

Lands End Condos and Docks???/

Notices

Lands End Condos and Docks???/

Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lands End Condos and Docks???/

I am planning a trip to LOTO for the Shoot Out. We normally stay at the Ledges but are considering staying at Lands End. Can you tell me which units or building have the best veiw and are the docks protected well enought to park a 28' Skater in with out getting beat to death? Are any docks better than the others?

Thanks,

Sam
Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

i don't know of any of the details as far as the buildings, but you will like Lands End much better than the Ledges.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skate
I am planning a trip to LOTO for the Shoot Out. We normally stay at the Ledges but are considering staying at Lands End. Can you tell me which units or building have the best veiw and are the docks protected well enought to park a 28' Skater in with out getting beat to death? Are any docks better than the others?

Thanks,

Sam
I have a place at lands' End. Building 7 and Dock J.
Building 1 or 7 has the best views IMO. Most docks are very well protected. H&I docks get a little rough on Fridays. And the east side of J. I'm on the West side of J and it is pretty calm.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redbud35
I have a place at lands' End. Building 7 and Dock J.
Building 1 or 7 has the best views IMO. Most docks are very well protected. H&I docks get a little rough on Fridays. And the east side of J. I'm on the West side of J and it is pretty calm.
I'm looking at the units on google earth. Which building and dock are in the extreme north west and do you recommend them? It appears that you can see the north and west from these units. Thanks I really appreciate the info!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered

Go to Landsendproperties.com there is a map you can click on.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Registered

We stay at Lands End several times a year. I would say there are no "bad" locations, but some are better if you want a panoramic view of the lake. Any condo above ground level in Bldg. #1 gives you a great view up and down the lake. The left corner of Building #2 also has good views. Slips are tied to the condo you rent - so if you are in Bldg. #1 or #2, you will have a good slip as well.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
We stay at Lands End several times a year. I would say there are no "bad" locations, but some are better if you want a panoramic view of the lake. Any condo above ground level in Bldg. #1 gives you a great view up and down the lake. The left corner of Building #2 also has good views. Slips are tied to the condo you rent - so if you are in Bldg. #1 or #2, you will have a good slip as well.
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
Slips are tied to the condo you rent - so if you are in Bldg. #1 or #2, you will have a good slip as well.
Not neccessarily.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

No Problem Sam. Your Skater will be under roof in any of the docks there. The breakwaters do a pretty good job.

I bring 4 cheap dock lines when I stay there and tie off the boat at four points with enough slack to handle the wave action. When we go out I leave the dock lines at the slip. That way when you come back in you just throw the lines on the boat cleats and you're done.

You just can't beat seafood omelets and bloody marys on the screened in patio mornings during shootout weekend.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redbud35
Not neccessarily.
I should probably clarify. I rent from an owner that has a large number of condos there. It has been my experience that when I am in buildings #1 - #4 that I am in a slip on that side of the point, and that I have been satisfied with the slip provided.