Why would you? >

Why would you?

Notices

Why would you?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shinglman
This is why I love this site, everyone is a comedian.
At least one of you LOTO "ites" has a sense of humor. Good God guys...you take this way to seriously. I think maybe you all have ingested to many E coli cocktails. I suggest a dose of clean southern MO lake water to cure your pains. But please make sure to steam clean and bleach the hulls of your boats before you enter the pristine waters of TRL...so as to not bring your Zebra Mussels with you.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I gotta say TRL is my lake of choice over LOTO. Since we're hijacking this thread....
TRL has LOTO beat for the kind of boating I enjoy. If I wanted to bar hop I can just drive down to downtown Ft. Worth, TX and bar hop all I want and it won't cost me $500 in fuel. If I want to hang out with my friends and enjoy smooth water, picturesque shorelines not polluted with docks every 10' and clear, clean water then I'll stay at TRL.
I enjoy LOTO for the Shootout and the occasional weekend with friends who own places on LOTO. Other than those reasons, LOTO is just too busy, too crowded, too dirty & too commercial for me. At least the parts I've been to anyway.
If I could put one thing on TRL that LOTO has, I'd put Coconuts there. Good atmosphere, good food and good service. Other than that, y'all can have it.
LOTO can keep it's water patrol presence too.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Yeah, no clean water here and nothing to look at.

I would like to someday get to Table Rock for a long weekend and check out the lake. I've heard mostly positive reviews.
Attached Thumbnails Why would you?-ha-ha.jpg  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Yeah, no clean water here and nothing to look at.

I would like to someday get to Table Rock for a long weekend and check out the lake. I've heard mostly positive reviews.
Nice pic. That was a good day.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Nice pic. That was a good day.
Yes it was! Nothing like 56 degree water to escape the heat of a 100 degree day!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't the Beaver and Oauchita Lake regulars in Arkansas say the same thing about Tablerock?

I dig 'em all.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Don't the Beaver and Oauchita Lake regulars in Arkansas say the same thing about Tablerock?

I dig 'em all.
I got a buddy that swears by Beaver. He really likes the lake too.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We spent at least 6 weekends a year at TRL. Thought about some small plot of land around there many times. It is a beautiful lake.
But with that, I spent all of 4 hours at LOTO and made an offer on a house. Guess LOTO just has it for me. For now anyway.

Last edited by tbirdusa; 07-28-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I gotta say TRL is my lake of choice over LOTO. Since we're hijacking this thread....
TRL has LOTO beat for the kind of boating I enjoy. If I wanted to bar hop I can just drive down to downtown Ft. Worth, TX and bar hop all I want and it won't cost me $500 in fuel. If I want to hang out with my friends and enjoy smooth water, picturesque shorelines not polluted with docks every 10' and clear, clean water then I'll stay at TRL.
I enjoy LOTO for the Shootout and the occasional weekend with friends who own places on LOTO. Other than those reasons, LOTO is just too busy, too crowded, too dirty & too commercial for me. At least the parts I've been to anyway.
If I could put one thing on TRL that LOTO has, I'd put Coconuts there. Good atmosphere, good food and good service. Other than that, y'all can have it.
LOTO can keep it's water patrol presence too.
TRLFTW....