Marina's at LOTO >

Marina's at LOTO

Notices

Marina's at LOTO

Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marina's at LOTO

New to the board, need to find a good marina (16x40) with good amenities, pool, hotel, restaurants, bars, dog friendly, etc. (the lady has her demands!) and is centrally located (7-21MM). Wanted opinions on Marine Max and Camden (Toad Cove) if anyone has any, good and bad. Looking for other similar options if out there too.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Marine Max is probably more dog friendly than Camden. You can't beat the location, my condo is located in the same cove. You are well protected from the main channel. They have very nice amenities, use of the pool and other facilities at the Holiday Inn next door. You can't beat the location. You are 2 coves from Backwater Jacks, close to Dog Days, Topsider, Shorty Pants, Paradise and more (you'll be at the17mm by water)

By land Marine Max will be much easier to get in and out of. You are also close to Hy Vee and everything else in Osage Beach and Lake Ozark. The Toad night club is a younger crowd than the places I mentioned, but I'm over 50 so I'm a little more laid back now.

You could also try Bridgeview, Blue Moon Marina, Shorty Pants Marina.... I tend to like the places from the 10mm to 31mm, more than the lower numbers. We also take our minature rat terrior most everywhere. I can give you a list of most of the dog friendly bar/restaurants.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Agree, can't beat the MMax location by land or sea and have a few people there I know and heard they are pet friendly (2 well mannered labs, some of the time!)

Shorty pants hit my search also but the little lady is thinking about visitors and having a "fancy" place to stay as visitors probably won't be staying on the boat (370ss formula).

We have family at both the 34MM and 3MM so in between would be great. Thanks for the feedback, been at the lake for years but know that each marina has a different personality.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We have some friends over at The Moorings and they absolutely love it. Lots of friendly folks on the dock and good location by land & water. If guests need a place to crash, you're not too far from the hotels on 54. Might be worth checking out... good luck.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered

X2 on The Moorings..check Dockreality.com...they have some good deals on slips at moorings right now..