Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/midwest-220/)
-   -   loto vs table rock (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/midwest/304372-loto-vs-table-rock.html)

cig20 10-18-2013 08:37 PM

loto vs table rock

have friends that want to move to mo

Donziben 10-18-2013 09:37 PM

LOTO!!! Tablerock is ok, but is an corps of engineers lake, you cannot build on the waterfront. It has a few marinas, not much to do except ski, tube, or fish.

Loto has marinas and bars every couple miles, lots to do on water and land, even in the offseason. Water gets rough on the weekends during the summer but otherwise it's great! If they don't like all the crowd, they probably want to look at a place in the higher MM's of the lake or go to table rock.

Saratoga Stamped 10-19-2013 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by cig20 (Post 4013930)
have friends that want to move to mo

This is easy,
Unless your friend wants to spend his life in a small fishing boat,,,,,,,, LOTO,,, no comparison

TRL505 10-19-2013 09:18 AM

Yes....both the above posts are spot on....Id highly advise your friends to go to LOTO. TRL is boring, has nothing to do...and you cant build on the water, and bass boats are the only boat allowed on the water. Just make sure your buddies are up to date on their Tetanus shots and have built up a resistance to every strain of flesh eating bacteria known to man if they plan on swimming in the LOTO cess pool.

This will now get interesting.....

Nauti List 10-19-2013 11:43 AM

We relocated to LOTO 10 years ago. We have never questioned our decision!

eddie 10-19-2013 12:20 PM

We moved to LOTO full time five years ago, wife took at job at the hospital and we both love it. Plenty to do and see no matter what the season is. Winters are not bad compared to Nebraska where we moved from.

314joey 10-19-2013 01:03 PM

Both are beautiful lakes, but LOTO has tons more to do, especially when it comes to boating and water sports.

But Florida is more fun in the winter, but you probably knew that already.

TW720HVY 10-19-2013 06:52 PM

It depends on the type of boating your friend enjoys. LOTO for us is hard to relax on but with this being said there's tons of great places to go and a lot to do. If his style of boating is crushing waves everywhere they go than he doesn't need to look further. But if your friend is in a small open bow pulling a tub full of kids then it is probably not the lake.

Like Joey said, two completely different lakes.

Mentalpause 10-20-2013 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by TRL505 (Post 4014075)
Yes....both the above posts are spot on....Id highly advise your friends to go to LOTO. TRL is boring, has nothing to do...and you cant build on the water, and bass boats are the only boat allowed on the water. Just make sure your buddies are up to date on their Tetanus shots and have built up a resistance to every strain of flesh eating bacteria known to man if they plan on swimming in the LOTO cess pool.

LOL. Last week at LOTO I was looking at my lift and those jelly type growths are back and all over it again, seems to happen every 5 years or so. I got curious and looked up what they were....turns out they are an aquatic creature called Bryozoans. They are actually good for the water as they eat algae and stuff in the water and leave the water cleaner. Here is the funny part....it also said if you have them it is a sign that you have excellent water in that area since they thrive in very healthy water. I laughed as I thought WTF are those things doing here?:eekdrop:

cig20 10-20-2013 03:03 PM

there into pleasure boating he has a 272 formula and want to open a kitchen and bath business

Knot 4 Me 10-21-2013 01:59 PM

I attempted to go to TRL once but was turned away in Branson where you have to pass a few tests to gain access. First was the "Painter's Eye" test where you have to be able to cut in around the ceiling and the baseboards at the same time. FAIL! Eyes not nearly crossed enough.

Keytime 10-21-2013 02:27 PM

The National LGBT Shuffleboard/Bingo League holds their annual convention at Tablerock, fwiw.

KCHOTBOAT 10-21-2013 09:42 PM

I prefer LOTO myself. Not much into fishing and like the fact of having a private dock.

TRL505 10-23-2013 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Keytime (Post 4014973)
The National LGBT Shuffleboard/Bingo League holds their annual convention at Tablerock, fwiw.

LOL...both you and Knot are so gay...lol.

Keytime 10-23-2013 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by TRL505 (Post 4015960)
LOL...both you and Knot are so gay...lol.

If there's one thing I've learned, that's an automatic TRL invite! We're on our way! :gfight:

We really need to stop hijacking these threads.

As you all were... :drink:

ChargeIt 10-30-2013 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by cig20 (Post 4014556)
there into pleasure boating he has a 272 formula and want to open a kitchen and bath business

Neither location would have been good over the past 5 years, don't know what the market is projecting now.
I think I would be more concerned about doing market research on where a kitchen and bath business could be successful.

Both locations have excellent boating but would not matter if the business failed.
A plus would be if he was NOT a deer hunter and had a reliable work ethic. Have him look up the unlisted dictionary term "Ozark'ed"

If the above financial considerations were equal, I would probably choose LOTO in the 25-35mm. Plenty to do on the weekends if you wanted or being a local, there are 5 other days of the week plus the entire time between September and May to enjoy 90% of the same water as anywhere less settled.

midmo 10-30-2013 06:54 PM

Not to rock the boat. But i built lakefront and have a private dock on Table Rock

Nauti List 10-31-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ChargeIt (Post 4018999)
Neither location would have been good over the past 5 years, don't know what the market is projecting now.
I think I would be more concerned about doing market research on where a kitchen and bath business could be successful.

Both locations have excellent boating but would not matter if the business failed.
A plus would be if he was NOT a deer hunter and had a reliable work ethic. Have him look up the unlisted dictionary term "Ozark'ed"

If the above financial considerations were equal, I would probably choose LOTO in the 25-35mm. Plenty to do on the weekends if you wanted or being a local, there are 5 other days of the week plus the entire time between September and May to enjoy 90% of the same water as anywhere less settled.

Have them send me an PM. I am in the construction business so I know that market very well. My wife is a realtor and knows that market very well.

I have actually had new hires show up the first day to work and leave for lunch only to return the next morning. When confronted, they explain that they heard the croppy were biting so they went fishing. That said, we have also had the opportunity to meet some incredible people here who we consider friends!

Keytime 06-24-2014 11:26 AM

A coworker is heading to TRL for the 4th. He asked me where the good bars/restaurants are on the water. I have no forkin' clue. Can you TRL regulars provide some info and some wisecracks? I especially like the wisecracks.

:evilb:

Knot 4 Me 06-24-2014 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Keytime (Post 4142789)
A coworker is heading to TRL for the 4th. He asked me where the good bars/restaurants are on the water. I have no forkin' clue. Can you TRL regulars provide some info and some wisecracks? I especially like the wisecracks.

:evilb:

TRL505 drinks his own urine so he has no need to frequent a bar. If you play your cards right he'll drink yours as well! :evilb:

lotojim 07-29-2014 09:28 AM

lol, thats funny! Fishing boats are NOT the only boats allowed on TRL. LOTO is NOT a cess pool and is a great place to live a play. Accually it was just annouced that LOTO was the cleanest lake in the Midwest.

regalman4925 08-13-2014 03:45 PM

if you want a happy medium between the 2 lakes, the west side on LOTO is pretty ideal. my parents just moved down there, I wanted them to get down on the main part of the lake but they wanted peace and quite and to have a house with privacy. they ended up on MM80, there are still bars and things to do but there is not nearly the crowd that I am use to seeing between like mm10-34 where I am usually at. properties are cheaper too. something that you should know before starting your search that we found out the hard way, if you are taking out a mortgage the bank is going to want the property to have either a public road and public water supply or they want to see a home owners association that has signed agreements from the residents so take care of the roads and water supply. the list of houses my parents were looking at went from 150 down to 13 once they figured that out.

40Coupe 12-06-2020 10:23 AM

TRL for sure. Much better lake conditions if you are actually into "boating," tie ups, coving(crystal clear water!), and lake water sports. We've got a 27 foot Check and can pretty much run it WOT. That's for sure nice, to be able to run a performance boat like a performance boat ANYTIME we want! Sure, holiday weekends can make for some choppy conditions on TRL in certain spots. There are also a few places to eat on the water and plenty of marinas. We don't need one every 50 foot. LOL

As far as "lake front". TRL has "lake front" but most people prefer homes with a magnificent, panoramic, breathtaking "lake views" and take a short ride via a golf cart to the slip. As far as having a private dock, that's over rated also, TRL does have a few private docks but most docks are community docks. We own a slip on a dock with 16 slips and have all the privacy you can ask for and it only costs $200/yr dues. We also have plenty of "eyes" watching over things, which is comforting. We really, honestly could not be happier with our slip setup and would not want the responsibility of maintaining a private dock and all the expenses that go with that.

We have boated at LOTO a few times and probably will tow there once a year or every other year in the future just for a change of scenery. We are actually looking at attending some events on Cumberland and Kentucky Lake so we do like to check out other lakes.

F-2 Speedy 12-06-2020 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by 40Coupe (Post 4768171)
TRL for sure. Much better lake conditions if you are actually into "boating," tie ups, coving(crystal clear water!), and lake water sports. We've got a 27 foot Check and can pretty much run it WOT. That's for sure nice, to be able to run a performance boat like a performance boat ANYTIME we want! Sure, holiday weekends can make for some choppy conditions on TRL in certain spots. There are also a few places to eat on the water and plenty of marinas. We don't need one every 50 foot. LOL

As far as "lake front". TRL has "lake front" but most people prefer homes with a magnificent, panoramic, breathtaking "lake views" and take a short ride via a golf cart to the slip. As far as having a private dock, that's over rated also, TRL does have a few private docks but most docks are community docks. We own a slip on a dock with 16 slips and have all the privacy you can ask for and it only costs $200/yr dues. We also have plenty of "eyes" watching over things, which is comforting. We really, honestly could not be happier with our slip setup and would not want the responsibility of maintaining a private dock and all the expenses that go with that.

We have boated at LOTO a few times and probably will tow there once a year or every other year in the future just for a change of scenery. We are actually looking at attending some events on Cumberland and Kentucky Lake so we do like to check out other lakes.

Where are you at on the lake ?? I had a place in Crystal Beach for years

40Coupe 12-06-2020 06:03 PM

Out slip is directly across the channel from Cow Creek cove.