LOTO Must See Spots

Notices

LOTO Must See Spots

Old 06-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTO Must See Spots

Heading to LOTO for the first time since I was a kid. Renting a house on the lake in Gravois Mills and will be there July 9-15. I plan to rent a boat for a day or two, and was wondering what are the must see places in the area? Our group of four people are 50+, and would likely go golfing one day, caves?, hiking?, music, best places to eat?

There is so much to do that we cannot do it all, so any recommendations would be great. We are open to most anything, and like to see as much of the area as possible.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

IMO, the best golf course is Old Kinderhook and Osage National is second.
Ha Ha Tonka State Park and Bridal Cave are near each other.
Go to the Bagnell Dam Strip one night. Lots of bars and restaurants. Tuckers and Shuckers is excellent.
Backwater Jacks, Dog Days, Red Head Yacht Club, Camden on the Lake all have pretty good food and all have pool bars.
Why not take the boat???? With you staying on the Gravois, many places will be a lot closer by boat.
Jolly Rogers is on the 5mm of the Gravois and has good food as well. Coconuts is at the Gravois 7mm and cool but is definitely a younger crowd.
Tap and Grill is right where the Gravois meets the Main channel and is nice.

There is a lot of LOTO info on www.midwestboatparty.com

Last edited by Griff; 06-11-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

We had some good food at the Fish Co. Laid back atmosphere. Dale Blue playing guitar and singing. Was a good time.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

The Cove out Horseshoe Bend is also a pretty nice course since they redid all the greens several years ago. But as Griff said Old Kinderhook and Osage National are outstanding. On the strip, Casablanca is a bar/restaurant across from Tuckers. A bit more of a towny bar, but excellent food and very good pizza. They also have a great breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Backwater Jacks is one of the nicer pool bars. Fish and Co are a ways away from the Gravois, but have really good food, try their fish reuben. Shorty Pants on the water is another place with good food. Wobbly Boots across from the outlet mall is pretty good too if your up around the mall area and want to stop for a cold one.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for all the suggestions! I am making a list and will hit as many as possible.

FYI, I sold the boat and will need to stoop down to a rental, but I will be out on the water!