Notices

Ozarks Trip

Old 08-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ozarks Trip

Looking to visit the lake for the first time and looking for a condo that has trailer parking for a 32' boat. I would like it to be on the northeast side of the lake since we will be coming off of 70. Hopefully it could be close to a public ramp.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Use Public Beach #2 to launch boat and store the trailer there $5/day is the easiest way. Most condo's do not have much trailer parking.
Stay on the Osage Beach side of the lake between the 15mm-25mm or so for best land and water location.

When you planning to come and how many peeps???
Old 08-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Griff;4700901]Use Public Beach #2 to launch boat and store the trailer there $5/day is the easiest way. Most condo's do not have much trailer parking.
Stay on the Osage Beach side of the lake between the 15mm-25mm or so for best land and water location.

When you planning to come and how many peeps???[

2 of us maybe late next week. Do they leave the boat on the trailer 2 or rent a slip at the condos
Old 08-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Rent a slip at the condo. You don't want to be running back and forth to PB2.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

It would be easier if you told us where you want to stay, North East ?.........and I think most all condo's have a limited amount of slips
Old 08-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

What price point are you looking at? You are still in prime season so most places will want a 3 night minimum. I know a couple older places on the part of the lake you want to be that might do 2 nights. My favorite place is Land's End which is right by the Grand Glaize bridge at the 19 MM. But it won't be cheap. I can put you in touch with a guy that has multiple units and multiple slips. Great jump off point to most of the lake's hot spots and easy to get to off the bypass and very close to PB2 where you would launch.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
What price point are you looking at? You are still in prime season so most places will want a 3 night minimum. I know a couple older places on the part of the lake you want to be that might do 2 nights. My favorite place is Land's End which is right by the Grand Glaize bridge at the 19 MM. But it won't be cheap. I can put you in touch with a guy that has multiple units and multiple slips. Great jump off point to most of the lake's hot spots and easy to get to off the bypass and very close to PB2 where you would launch.
We would be doing a thursday to monday. Looks like the best place is PB2 to put in and leave trailer ( no trailers get stolen out of there, The way the tongue is made on mine I cannot lock it up). Don't need anything crazy expensive because I really don't think I would be there much. I found a place at ledges but the slip is only 24 deep, what do the place say about the boats hanging out.

I have only been out there once and that was only 24 hrs or less to buy a boat so I really don't have any idea where anything is at. We thought about just doing a vacation without the boat to get the feel of things and hit some of the pool bars around the area.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
It would be easier if you told us where you want to stay, North East ?.........and I think most all condo's have a limited amount of slips
Looks like the easiest would be close to pb2.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Stay at Lazy Days condos, clean, 2 pools, in Osage, but close to state park. Plus next to party cove if that's your thing. They have a lot a block away from property to store trailers. Slips protected from main channel. Been a couple years , but shy away from A and B buildings. Thought they were dated. All others beautiful.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:20 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Heron Bay Condos would probably be perfect for you. They are 1BR/1BA 420 sq ft units and rent for about $100/nt. Its where I have my personal condo 20.5mm and in the same cove as the Ledges.
I have several friends with rental condos there, but I think they are all booked. Its tough to find units for rent there on short notice. I can check with one other person that rents sometimes and put something on the condo Facebook page to see if anybody I don't has one open if you want or there is one open on VRBO for your dates. VRBO just charges a lot of fees. https://www.vrbo.com/486975?adultsCo...ure=2019-08-19
I can probably find you a slip to rent there as well, but not for sure. Slips are $15-20/nt. If not you can tie up on the end of the docks for up to 48 hours.
Very close to PB2 by land(same exit at Nichols Road) and about 5 miles away by water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.