Notices

42 cc

Old 08-21-2018, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42 cc

Hello to all Motion boat owners and fans,

As many of you know Motion built a few 42" CC from '09 forward. I'm interested in the boat. There is one for sale. I'm impressed with the company's winning history with Cats and this CC looks well built and fits the bill for me and my family's needs perfectly. I do have some questions as to the construction. Their website states that they do use coring, such as Baltek (balsa), among other types of cores. My question is, would this hull be cored below the waterline? Obviously not counting transom and stringers and bulkheads, which the website states are made with plywood and pvc foam respectively. I don't have anything against it if used in certain locations for weight savings, but balsa below the waterline is probably a deal killer for me, on a deep V, no matter how meticulously it was constructed. The boat is stated to weight 8100(approx) pounds and I can only assume that's without motors? It's been a while since I've been out on the water as a boat owner, but I do like this boat very much. Any insight any of you may have to the above questions would be very helpful.

thank you
Old 01-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motion

When you’re ready we could build you one