Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   MTI (Marine Technologies) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/mti-marine-technologies-144/)
-   -   Miami Vice. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/mti-marine-technologies/136373-miami-vice.html)

seanfm 07-28-2006 09:33 PM

Miami Vice.

I just saw Miami Vice the movie tonight. We have an MTI so I could hardly wait to see the boat footage in the movie. What a dissapointment. There was maybe a whole minutes worth of the MTI, and the Donzi's were all filmed at night so you really didn't get a good look at them. The race scene that was written about in Power Boat magazine was left on the cutting room floor. I kept waiting for the race scene and it did not happen. The movie trailers on the Miami Vice website show the race scene! The characters were even supposed to be boat racers, but somehow that hole theme was dropped. Too bad.

Jons 07-30-2006 07:32 AM

Re: Miami Vice.

I also saw movie, what a let down. Should spend money on the old Miami Vice on DVD instead of new movie. The new DVD when it released should have all boat race footage on it.

Ripnik67 07-30-2006 08:08 PM

I just saw the movie and I've never had a beating like that since someone put a banana in my pants and turn a monkey loose. Don't waste your time or money. Two thumbs down. :chimp:

imagecat 07-31-2006 09:32 AM

Wow couldn't wait for this movie!! To bad it fell wwwaaaaayyyy short from the desription in Power Boat Mag. I wonder how the guys from Bud select and Pair-A-Dice feel I'm sure they put allot of effort into this. I'm sure they got payed well but what a short fall of the hype.

Spankazar 07-31-2006 08:55 PM

we all at supercat and mti went and watched the movie on friday and yes it was not what we thoght it would be hopefully the dvd has the "go-fast boats" in the the extras :mad:

craigbaja 08-01-2006 07:08 PM

I was there in Miami working my ass off for days in the hot sun for free! Was Very Very disappointed that so much energy would be put into something to have nothing from it. I am sure that alot of the race teams and people from MTI, and Budweiser,are also upset. Most of all I was hoping that the movie would help bring more attention to the off shore boat races. I don't really care for people who are sue happy... but my mind starts to wonder about a class action lawsuit. You can not tell me that everyone there was thinking that we would be in the movie some what. To spend over a week filming and not to have anything at all...... its all most a smack in the face to everyone who donated there time and race boats. Tell all your friends and family to not go see the movie... I am not going to see it or spend any money on it.... just my small way of fighting back!! Tim Kramer ( Team Member of Speed racer racing team 05)

Cash Bar 08-01-2006 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by craigbaja
Tell all your friends and family to not go see the movie... I am not going to see it or spend any money on it.... just my small way of fighting back!! Tim Kramer ( Team Member of Speed racer racing team 05)

This is not the right attitude IMO. This is THE ONLY franchise that would even consider something PB related in a big way.

I understand Micheal Mann stood in front of the theatre in Miami and said he was sorry, not his decision to cut the race. I would bet if this movie does good numbers that warrant a sequel he would make sure some more boating(races) made the next one.

I have seen the movie and I was disappointed that the race was cut. I also thought the movie was goo but not great. I also think I would like to see the franchise not end like this so i hope it goes and goes and goes......

Just my .02.........

Greg

jryan26 08-02-2006 08:24 AM

In that case, I'll wait for the DVD.

Enforcer2 11-05-2006 04:46 PM

Make sure you get the un- cut version, I went on Amazon.com and pre-ordered it.

Boatrepairguy 12-20-2006 09:35 PM

There was actually susposed to be 3 MTI boats in the movie,
I only saw 2 of them. The one that got the most work was the one with the rectractable roof. There was a ton of work that went into that boat, and it dident even make it, But in the uncut DVD the race scene is in there. Its good, but not what i was hoping for.