Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > MTI (Marine Technologies)
Slot v42, differences between years >

Slot v42, differences between years

Notices

Slot v42, differences between years

Old 07-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slot v42, differences between years

Hi everyone,

I am really considering changing from a cruiser to a v42. I have been really fortunate recently and have been able to ride on and drive an EXTREMELY nicely spec'd 2017. My problem is that I love that boat, but I would really like to save some money and look around for a nice used one... at least until I get to have that for a while and then maybe custom order a 2018 or later.

So, my issue is, that without a side by side, it's hard to tell what the exact differences are between boats. Here is what I can tell so far:

2014:
Larger dive door
Lack of cooler/sink behind second row seats
Just a bench on the rear of the boat, rather than individual seats within the bench
Lack of fold out side wind deflectors
Lack of all the electronic switching and therefore more switches on the driver dash

Any others that anyone chime in on? Any changes to the actual hull for ride performance? Any actual problems with early models?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As with any custom boat builder, every year seems to bring changes, improvements and more available options. The hull's ride and performance has not changed but the interior features have certainly improved. You have a fairly accurate list of the differences from then until now with the exception of the switches. They are still there but moved to the overhead console.
You shouldn't find anything wrong with the earlier boats as they were built to the same quality standards as they are today.
They only real problem is that the pre-owned models are hard to find.
If you would like to discuss any further details, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected].
Thank you!