Notices

New Products at Raylar for Miami !

Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
New Products at Raylar for Miami !

Raylar will be displaying its exciting HO750 engine in booth 3930 at this years Miami International Boat Show as well as information on Raylar's new LSM550 all aluminum small block LS2 based 450 inch motor that makes 550HP and weighs less than 500lbs complete with stainless header exhaust and bravo connection!
Raylar will also be announcing its US introduction of custom programming for the PCM555 ECM. Should be an exciting show and the offerings from Raylar continue to grow!

Get to the show and keep on Boating!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:59 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

OK, you've gotta have some specs on the 450cu motor.
dyno sheets? pricing?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Rob
VIP Member

custom programming for the PCM555 Ecm,cool
Old 02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Wink New Goodies! & ECM re-programming

The simple specs on the new LSM550 are 450 cubic inch, all aluminum with all forged internals, varaible cam timing, 550HP @ 5600 rpms, 530 ft/lbs of torque at 4100 rpms and weighs 487lbs complete with exhaust mounts flywheel , coupler, bellhousing etc. Closed fresh water cooled, stainless raw water pump and a small package size like you can't believe. This motor is 5 inches shorter than a big block, 4 inches narrower with exhaust and about 4 inches shorter with exhaust. It is designed as a Bravo drive engine and with that drive it will be an affordable package new or retrofit. It will be the perfect iron small block replacement, twin new or retrofit for boats in the 28 to 33 foot range!
Can you imagine a twin engine boat of this size with about 900lbs. missing in the back end! We are in durability testing and fine tuning now and this motor should be ready for delivery in April if everything goes well. This is the motor the industry has been waiting for and oh yes it should price in the mid $20K range complete with stainless exhaust headers.!

As for the ECM programming, the technical information will follow, however understand that we are putting together new upgrade kits for the HP525 and the 600SC that will use this re-programming as well as our 496 based engines so we still have some R& D to do here on the dyno to dial in ECM tuning so it will be "Plug & Play" on these motor upgrades. Its important for boaters to realize that re-programming by itself will not make more power! These new engines are programmed with optimim tuning for the configuration they are delivered with and unless modifications to the motor itself or substaintial upgrades are made the need for re-programming does not really exist nor will it be helpful.
We will be offering real upgrade packages that will involve fuel system, cam changes, cubic inch increases and increased breathing and boost for these engine packages that will require re-programming of the ECM's, so this is why we needed to be able to re-program the Mercury PCM555 ECM. This capability is not intended for new motors that are under Mercury warranties, because any engine modifications or ECM re-programming would VOID those warranties and that's not advisable unless the boat owner wants and needs the power now and is ready to go "BARE" on his warranty issues. We, nor can anyone else who is honest in this industry can have ready to ship re-programmed ECM's for modifications to any motor altered from stock unless that re-programming has been done on a dyno or in the boat under loaded conditions for an altered motor or one of identical build specifications. There is no "free lunch" here! More power in marine high performance motors requires alterations, additions and modifications to the engine itself and that in turn will usually require in almost all cases a re-programming of the ECM if the motor is so equipped.

I hope this information helps clarify some of the myths and mysteries about re-programming ECM's for more power.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Yes, it should be a nice package for the smaller twin screw boats. I was shooting the sh!t w/ one of the manufacturers about a twin ilmor boat. those are 850lbs each, about 350-400lbs less than a 525efi.
a pair of these SBCs will be like the weight of one 525.
a 28-30ft would really benefit from the reduced weight.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Yes, it should be a nice package for the smaller twin screw boats. I was shooting the sh!t w/ one of the manufacturers about a twin ilmor boat. those are 850lbs each, about 350-400lbs less than a 525efi.
a pair of these SBCs will be like the weight of one 525.
a 28-30ft would really benefit from the reduced weight.
My30 Daytona would be the posterchild for this package hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Cattitude
My30 Daytona would be the posterchild for this package hmmmmmmmmmmmm
How about using your daytona as a donor boat?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd deliver it next week and pick it up in May- professional motorsports racer endorsed package

I'd even wrap the Toterhome in Raylar logos, how about it Ray

Put it on the race car- ESPN2, Spike, Outdoor channel Speed.... it's all negotiable
Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Registered

New offerings

Thanks for the kind words Fred. Glad to see and meet everyone at the Miami show! We had a wonderful response from those who stopped by and had a chance to meet Larry and myself and an opprotunity to see the quality and details of some of our products. The HO750 we had on display with its cool looks and its features really seemed to Wow a lot of performance boaters and builders who had not previously seen our products. That particular motor is now on its way by air to Sweden and its new owner for his brand new Baja!
Our new LSM550 small block will be available in April after we finish our durability testing and shakeouts. We want to make sure its ready for builders and customers alike with proven results and reliability before we deliver it. This motor with its 500LB. total weight should really revolutionize performance boat powerplant offerings and its reasonable cost of somewhere in the mid 20's range with "blueprint" construction, all forged internals and stainless exhaust headers should make it highly desirable.
Our kits continue to be a "no brainer" for real performance upgrades for the 496 owners and showing actual parts and pieces of these kits at Miami really had a dramatic affect on those who stopped by the booth to see the innovation and quality of these parts. We are going to be busy just filling current orders so that all our new customers can spalsh this spring and summer with some real power in their rides!
I thought that the new boats and equipment on display this year in Miami was spectacular and I only hope more OSO'ers get to attend the show next year. Its a real "got to do expierence" for any performance boater!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray, sounds like you have some cool stuff on the way.. Im thinking a lot of my customers will have an interest in these products once their warranties expire.. We may be even busier beavers with this stuff soon..! Jamie / Lakside

Quick Reply: New Products at Raylar for Miami !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.