Notices

KE Competition Shifter Blowout

Old 01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to ask in PM, does throttles have "detent" in its action or smooth. I have canted forward now, will it be a problem using the straight levers that are offered? Dash area at levers slope about 20 degrees.
Thanks for you time.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
Forgot to ask in PM, does throttles have "detent" in its action or smooth. I have canted forward now, will it be a problem using the straight levers that are offered? Dash area at levers slope about 20 degrees.
Thanks for you time.
Just the shifter has detent and the throttle is smooth, I dont think there would be a problem switching to straight controls from forward canted with only a 20 degree angle. Maybe a picture of your dash would help determine this for sure. Lets us know if you need anything else.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Registered

I will email you a pic tommorow. Thanks. Have no experience with non detent throttles. Do they have a tendancy to back down?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
I will email you a pic tommorow. Thanks. Have no experience with non detent throttles. Do they have a tendancy to back down?
No they shouldn't back down with proper cable tension and adjustment. Looking forward to your pictures. [email protected]
Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

i have a 78 boat w / trs drives and it just has the 2 throttle / shifter combo. i hate it. boat is in storage at the moment however are my two existing cables OK to use for shifting or throttling.

also what are the two switches most often used for. tabs / drives?
thanks,
john
these look very nice
Old 03-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered

Do you carry a single lever throttle w/ trim switch ? need for throttle seat but dont need shifter . Mike
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by getrdunn
i have a 78 boat w / trs drives and it just has the 2 throttle / shifter combo. i hate it. boat is in storage at the moment however are my two existing cables OK to use for shifting or throttling.

also what are the two switches most often used for. tabs / drives?
thanks,
john
these look very nice
Hi John,

Depends on what style cables you have, are they 33C or stock Mercruiser cables? The shift/throttle are made to be used with 33C style cables. Either way we have the connection kits to make them work. The trim switches are commonly used for drives but can also be used for tabs if you like. Let us know.

Thank you.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

Do you want to blow out any more shifters for a twin engine application? I currently have the old style quicksilver setup with the throttle and shifter cables both on one stick for each engine. Do you have dimensions needed for the cutout to mount the shifter or do you know if it will fit in the same cutout for the shifter i already have?

What colors are available and how much??
Old 04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by 85Baja
Do you want to blow out any more shifters for a twin engine application? I currently have the old style quicksilver setup with the throttle and shifter cables both on one stick for each engine. Do you have dimensions needed for the cutout to mount the shifter or do you know if it will fit in the same cutout for the shifter i already have?

What colors are available and how much??
Blue and White are instock what color are you looking for? Cut-out is 4-3/4" wide by 6-5/8" long. Feel free to Pm PM or call me with any additional questions 386-446-0660

Quick Reply: KE Competition Shifter Blowout

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.