Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Offshoreonly Marketplace > New Products and Member Discounts
Hi Performance Cooler Series now available >

Hi Performance Cooler Series now available

Notices

Hi Performance Cooler Series now available

Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I have the thermostat oil filter set up so I am looking for a non thermostat cooler with just oil and a smaller one for steering . already have tran cooler put mite replace it. any idea maybe a steering and tranny combo and a oil only??

I don't know what you're running for a trans cooler, but you could have the 63832A or 31A. Eddie from Young Performance says a 2X8 or 2X10 OAL works fine and that's what Merc does. So that's one option. If you're already plumbed for it, put a plate cooler back on the trans and leave the tandem PS/Engine oil combo in place for the other. A bit less work than changing the system over and it's a proven package. I sent Jim a note at the office and you can reach him today at 248-960-7850. So he's ready for you. We may have to morph this package for you a bit depending on what you're actually running but I guarantee we can get you fixed up in a jiffy.;

Check out the MRC CPH 620-650 here: Note it handles up to 850hp.

and check out the trans cooler here I gave you a few to look over.

And don't forget that if you have HP that doesn't fit the matrix, we can always make a special cooler package for you. It's usually about 50% more than a standard cooler.

Russ

Last edited by Mr. Cool; 04-13-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cool
I don't know what you're running for a trans cooler, but you could have the 63832A or 31A. Eddie from Young Performance says a 2X8 or 2X10 OAL works fine and that's what Merc does. So that's one option. If you're already plumbed for it, put a plate cooler back on the trans and leave the tandem PS/Engine oil combo in place for the other. A bit less work than changing the system over and it's a proven package. I sent Jim a note at the office and you can reach him today at 248-960-7850. So he's ready for you. We may have to morph this package for you a bit depending on what you're actually running but I guarantee we can get you fixed up in a jiffy.;

Check out the MRC CPH 620-650 here: Note it handles up to 850hp.

and check out the trans cooler here I gave you a few to look over.

And don't forget that if you have HP that doesn't fit the matrix, we can always make a special cooler package for you. It's usually about 50% more than a standard cooler.

Russ
russ took # down today will call you or jim friday can't use plate cooler no room with konrad ace set up.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
russ took # down today will call you or jim friday can't use plate cooler no room with konrad ace set up.
No problem. We'll take care of you. We're working today: 248-960-7850.

If you don't mind, email me a pic of the problem just so I better understand it and can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Last edited by Mr. Cool; 05-28-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Registered

Default Need a cooler

I have the stock oil cooler still on my modified 502 EFI in a 2001 Baja Outlaw. My oil press drops after running hard for very long and assuming then oil is hot and viscosity is breaking down. Worse the older the oil gets (never very old though). Anyway I am not exactly sure what size the oil and water lines are currently. The estimated horsepower is ~575. I think your 3 x 18 thermostatically controlled cooler might to the trick if the lines are the right sizes. Thoughts?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knockld
I have the stock oil cooler still on my modified 502 EFI in a 2001 Baja Outlaw. My oil press drops after running hard for very long and assuming then oil is hot and viscosity is breaking down. Worse the older the oil gets (never very old though). Anyway I am not exactly sure what size the oil and water lines are currently. The estimated horsepower is ~575. I think your 3 x 18 thermostatically controlled cooler might to the trick if the lines are the right sizes. Thoughts?
Not sure how much the cooler will help.

I went to a bigger cooler on my new 630Hp motor and it still drops oil pressure after a hard run(180-190 oil temp range) and then it climbs back up. My engine builder said its fine.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Registered

It did drop my oil temp from 250's to the 180-190 range
Old 06-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Registered

Didn't have any issues when the motor was basically stock so that is what I was thinking. I don't have an oil temp gage or anywhere on my dash to mount it. Also the pressure drop is less with fresh oil and higher weights. It has gotten down to ~20 psi before I get nervous and back off to let things cool. At idle in these cricumstances the pressure is almost 0 . Obvioulsy I take it easy most of the time but would like to be able to air her out for a bit longer. The pressure drops after only a few minutes of WOT. We will see what happens.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Registered

Didn't have any issues when the motor was basically stock so that is what I was thinking. I don't have an oil temp gage or anywhere on my dash to mount it. Also the pressure drop is less with fresh oil and higher weights. It has gotten down to ~20 psi before I get nervous and back off to let things cool. At idle in these cricumstances the pressure is almost 0 . Obvioulsy I take it easy most of the time but would like to be able to air her out for a bit longer. The pressure drops after only a few minutes of WOT. We will see what happens.
I miss understood you, I thought it was dropping after you run and come back to idle. Does not sound good that your losing pressure when your running. Unless your oil is breaking down from high temp.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered

Everything i can gather says that this is an anomaly with some of the high performance engines. I'm not sure what the problem maybe but it doesn't appear to beat cooler related. I'm sorry i couldn't b of more help

Russ
Old 07-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Registered

It sounds like a tired oil pump to me. Not an easy fix..but aside from pulling the engine, not an expensive part. I'd look into a High Volume Oil Pump and an extended Pickup, and maybe a Larger Oil Pan if you have room for it?