Old 09-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aaaahh yes..
Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 AM
KMP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice boat Jeff. I drove it some between John putting additional clear coats on the puppy. I swear he must have had a 55 gallon drum of clearcoat on it.

Handles great, and yes, that is the old MAB Paints boat (Brett F). With the blowers and intercoolers that thing ran over 100 when he could keep from blowing drives. (Felt like driving a large Allison)

Glad to see it getting taken care of.

Kent
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KMP
Very nice boat Jeff. I drove it some between John putting additional clear coats on the puppy. I swear he must have had a 55 gallon drum of clearcoat on it.

Handles great, and yes, that is the old MAB Paints boat (Brett F). With the blowers and intercoolers that thing ran over 100 when he could keep from blowing drives. (Felt like driving a large Allison)

Glad to see it getting taken care of.

Kent
We have been hard at it every evening this week. The bilge is back to looking awesome. Touched up a bunch of bad spots with some white gel coat. All lines and hoses etc are all in place. Been rigging my little 496/ 520HP engines to go into it as I got some last minute sales on all my other engines last month.

The flooring was terrible, so I pulled that out, interior is back out. A friend of mine is going to sand and gel coat the entire floor and gunnels etc. Basically everything you can see in bright white gel coat. Should make all the difference in the world in the way it looks inside.

I keep finding some little parts that I used to have that are turning up missing. Keeps throwing my install date of the first engine back. God willing the first engine should be in saturday or Sunday. I need to calculate a few more things once I get the first engine in, and crossing the fingers that the Stellings fit the way I have them set up. Then I can get the second engine in mid week and start shaking it down. I am hoping to bring it to FL for the KW poker run.

Even if I can't find a crew. Hell I'll do it SOLO.

Keep praying for me to stay focused. Still got a lot of work to do.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:12 PM
KMP
Registered

I Just saw that you are in Conroe. I was in Houston all week and left this evening. Would have loved to stop by and check out your progress.

Sorry to hear so much went wrong with the boat. It was very solid when John had it here in Florida.

Kent
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KMP
I Just saw that you are in Conroe. I was in Houston all week and left this evening. Would have loved to stop by and check out your progress.

Sorry to hear so much went wrong with the boat. It was very solid when John had it here in Florida.

Kent
The only thing that went wrong with it was that it had a very neglecting owner. He basically blew one of those engines and then pu t it out in a storage yard to rot. Sat there for allmost 2 years before he decided to get rid of it. Thanks goodness it was in Cali. It would have rotted if it was anywhere else.

Trying to get in touch with someone at Stellings so I can maybe get some parts overnighted here so it doesn't slow me up anymore. We are rushing to get it done, but taking the time to make sure it gets done right.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:56 PM
KMP
Registered

Jeff,

Can't seem to upload pictures here anymore, but I uploaded a couple here when John (in Ft. Meyers) owned the boat.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 10-16-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=KMP;3231380]Jeff,

Can't seem to upload pictures here anymore, but I uploaded a couple here when John (in Ft. Meyers) owned the boat.

It looks amazing in those pics. I hope it looks like this once again soon..
Attached Thumbnails Ayon remember this 380LE?-prev-owner-water.jpg  

Last edited by IB-Mod; 10-16-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

For a budget build, the boat is really starting to look good and come together nicely. It will be a sweet looking ride anyway.

We painted the entire inside of the boat with that 2 part epoxy paint that Roper turned me on to. You need sunglasses in there. I wish I would have done the entire bilge before we re rigged it, but there is always net year.

I took the camera with no mamory card.

I'll get pics tomorrow. or stop by tomorrow afternoon/ evening. I will still be going strong.

1 big shipment from JEGS and 1 shipment from NAPA, and 1 shipment from Eickert and everything should be here that I need.

Eng1 is ready to go minus the water plumbing.

Eng2 still needs a full dress, but all the parts will be here tomorrow.

Gonna be a good day tomorrow if I can get someone to help me guide the engine in. Hard to drive the forklift and bolt in the engine at the same time..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.