Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Nordic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/nordic-99/)
-   -   Dyno results (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/nordic/143694-dyno-results.html)

bobl 10-25-2006 07:23 PM

Dyno results

2 Attachment(s)
I just finished dynoing my engine. So now we have some more very good data to play with. First remember my 28 Heat Mid cabin runs a consistent 86 with a best of 89, running in 95+ degree weather at around 800 ft. elevation. I've never made a pass in it with the temp below 90 degrees. With that said, I pulled the engine out of the boat and put it straight on the dyno, changing nothing. The dyno sheet is attached. What I find interesting is that peak HP occurred at 6100 RPM. I never turned it past 5600, so I was leaving a couple of MPH on the table. I'm rebuilding it this winter and doing some improvements. The second dyno pull is with 2 more pounds of boost. It likes boost!

Steve Zuckerman 10-25-2006 08:27 PM

Re: Dyno results

Bob,
Aren't dynos the ****! The second chart is sweet. Just prop for 5800 and set the limiter at 6000 and let her eat :D ............
What are you planning for the winter?
Looks like all you needed was the dyno sheet and the smaller pulley :cool: !
Regards,
Steve

bobl 10-25-2006 08:32 PM

I really thought it would peak around 5800 with that cam and heads. I'm sending the heads to Jim V for a serious massage. I want to lower the compression a little and run more boost. I'll install a cam more suited to a supercharged engine. Mainly I have to freshen it up because one cylinder was having a lot of blowby, so it was time. It has over 300 hours on it. Looking at the second dyno run it looks like I am running into a flow restriction somewhere because the boost shot up and power fell past 5600 RPM. I think the heads are too small. They were configured for it being naturally aspirated.

Steve Zuckerman 10-26-2006 11:45 AM

Bob,
Looks like a 900HP summer 07 for you :D ...............
I am proceeding with modifying my 575 this winter with Dart/marine aluminum heads, roller cam (suggestions welcome, am getting recommendations from KE and RM Builder), and raising compression to 8.5 from 7.5 static.
Boost should be 7 PSI intercooled (which it is now).
I don't know how my drive is going to like this, but I think I will like it a lot :rolleyes: :cool: :D ..................
Regards,
Steve

SeaRay Jim 10-27-2006 09:49 AM

Wow. And that's before freshening it up!!!! Can't wait until next summer. :D

It'll be really interesting to see "another" dyno to compare! :D

When we looked, I had room didn't I? :evilb:

bobl 10-27-2006 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by SeaRay Jim
Wow. And that's before freshening it up!!!! Can't wait until next summer. :D

It'll be really interesting to see "another" dyno to compare! :D

When we looked, I had room didn't I? :evilb:

Room?? for a supercharger???? Yeh, you've got plenty of room. Especially in your house after Mary leaves....LOL

SeaRay Jim 10-28-2006 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by bobl
Room?? for a supercharger???? Yeh, you've got plenty of room. Especially in your house after Mary leaves....LOL

LOL, so when can you start? :evilb:

boatingbent 10-28-2006 11:07 PM

LMAO.......

So you think if we pull my engine out again this winter Brenda might leave me???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobl 11-11-2006 09:06 AM

Here's a link to the video of this dyno run if anyone is interested.

http://media.putfile.com/FTM-800-EFI-dyno-test

Knotwright 01-04-2007 10:50 PM

Bobl,

Look at the fuel column on your dyno sheet.
Fuel goes way up, your power does not, yet your AFR is good.
The fuel is going somewhere.

I think your cam overlap/center/duration is pumping the fuel into you exhaust.

I also noticed that you are burning a bunch of fuel to make 820Hp..Again I point the finger at your cam.

I have been down this road before and had the same thing happen....Then again, my wife says I am a moron!:rolleyes: :D