Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Considering a 28 Heat >

Considering a 28 Heat

Notices

Considering a 28 Heat

Old 07-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Power choice is totally a personal thing. The boat performs very well with the 496HO, but obviously better with more power. The hull handles well at any speed. There are a few Heats that run near 100 that I know of with no handling issues. I consider trim tabs a must if you get an open bow. Reason bing is people are constantly moving around because of the open design and you need to adjust the tabs to keep the boat level.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for the information. I'm sure the cabin will be stuffy, no matter what brand boat you have. I really like the closed bow boat and am leaning more towards that the more I think about what we will be doing with the boat.

My wife likes the sunpad on the engine cover. Oh yeah, all of these boats seem to have the same problem with access to the bow anchor. How do you guys get to the anchor?

I would love to order a new boat, but it's really cost prohibitive with my wife. I don't want to have a 20 year note on a boat, either. I'm thinking in the 50-60K range. Another thing I like about the Nordic is that it is almost 2 thousand pounds lighter than the Donzi I'm looking at.

I've got some time while I'm deployed to do more research. I don't want to be pressured into buying a boat when I return, so I figure I might as well do some of the research here.

How are the insurance rates on these boats? I'm sure it is more reasonable than the quote I received on the Donzi.

Again, thanks for the help.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 47pilotsteve
I like the look of the closed bow and the actual functionality of the cabin area. I remember as a kid that we would rarely sit in the bow because we stuffed it full of crap when we went to the lake. I think we would do the overnight a bit. What I don't like about the cabin is the heat inside and how it prevents people from utilizing it during the day other than a storage area.

Any possibility of putting some sort of ventilation system in there?
You can definitely put in a 12V ac unit and run it off of two batteries--Velocity offers this on their 290SC. Or maybe add an opening window on each bow side for cross-ventilation
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

Now that would be something to look into. I wonder if a separate battery were installed for this application would help? I would have to do some more research on this topic. I do like the idea, however.

-Steve
Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

I like the look of the closed bow and the actual functionality of the cabin area. I remember as a kid that we would rarely sit in the bow because we stuffed it full of crap when we went to the lake. I think we would do the overnight a bit. What I don't like about the cabin is the heat inside and how it prevents people from utilizing it during the day other than a storage area.

Any possibility of putting some sort of ventilation system in there?

I appreciate all of the input. It looks like a solid boat and they seem to retain their value more than others on the market. I'm lucky that my wife loves boating also as long as she can bring her friends along!

I was looking at some boats with the hydraulic steering and trim tabs already installed. I think that is the way to go with this boat.

We'll see what happens. I have to make it home from my deployment first!
Hey 47 ...... where are you located in US ?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Registered

Had a 2001 open bow. LOVED the boat. Great family boat. TONS of room in the mid-cabin. Best 28' Vee on the market, still! IMO.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

I'm currently in a small country bordered by Pakistan and Iran, but live on the west coast. Looks too far from NY!

About the open bow, I still like the idea, just not that it is always open in the middle. Unless I am mistaken, it looks like the cockpit area is pretty much wide open.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Registered

Thanks again for the information. I'm sure the cabin will be stuffy, no matter what brand boat you have. I really like the closed bow boat and am leaning more towards that the more I think about what we will be doing with the boat.

My wife likes the sunpad on the engine cover. Oh yeah, all of these boats seem to have the same problem with access to the bow anchor. How do you guys get to the anchor?

I would love to order a new boat, but it's really cost prohibitive with my wife. I don't want to have a 20 year note on a boat, either. I'm thinking in the 50-60K range. Another thing I like about the Nordic is that it is almost 2 thousand pounds lighter than the Donzi I'm looking at.

I've got some time while I'm deployed to do more research. I don't want to be pressured into buying a boat when I return, so I figure I might as well do some of the research here.

How are the insurance rates on these boats? I'm sure it is more reasonable than the quote I received on the Donzi.

Again, thanks for the help.
I'm in the same balk park on pricing as you. I am also interested in knowing the difference in insurance between the 496 and upgraded power packages. A friend told me that insurance goes pretty high once you get the 525 EFI. True or False

Also, whats up with the anchor talk?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Registered

Default Anchor talk

Originally Posted by PLLand55

I brought this up in the Donzi forum, also. I think it's funny to have a bow anchor when you can't really access the bow (unless open, of course). I am curious as to how people get to this crucial part of the boat. That's all.

-Steve
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

Default Anchor talk

Originally Posted by PLLand55

I brought this up in the Donzi forum, also. I think it's funny to have a bow anchor when you can't really access the bow (unless open, of course). I am curious as to how people get to this crucial part of the boat. That's all.

-Steve

Quick Reply: Considering a 28 Heat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.