East Coast Nordic Regatta 2009

Notices

East Coast Nordic Regatta 2009

Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default East Coast Nordic Regatta 2009

Hello Fellow Nordic Owners and Dealers,
I just found out that OSS is planning to race on Lake Cumberland in May 2009. I don't think it's firm yet, but close.
If we held our regatta the same week (before or after the OSS race) would that interest you guys?
Several of us MCPA/Nashvegas Nordic Navy guys used to attend the May OSS race and poker run at Pickwick, and it was a great kickoff to the season.
Just throwing it out there to see if there's any interest..........
Happy Holidays to Everyone ,
Steve
Old 12-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in for that
Old 12-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

I'd be in.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Hello Fellow Nordic Owners and Dealers,
I just found out that OSS is planning to race on Lake Cumberland in May 2009. I don't think it's firm yet, but close.
If we held our regatta the same week (before or after the OSS race) would that interest you guys?
Several of us MCPA/Nashvegas Nordic Navy guys used to attend the May OSS race and poker run at Pickwick, and it was a great kickoff to the season.
Just throwing it out there to see if there's any interest..........
Happy Holidays to Everyone ,
Steve
Hey Steve and gang,

That makes prefect sense. John and I will be meeting with Nordic this coming Jan. to finalize dates for the 2009 Regatta.

Maybe we can get "Wildman Fredie" to run his 21' 1500 HP Ski Race Boat in the OSS race.

Merry Christmas

Gary
Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Registered

I'll Be there
Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nordic Gary
Hey Steve and gang,

That makes prefect sense. John and I will be meeting with Nordic this coming Jan. to finalize dates for the 2009 Regatta.

Maybe we can get "Wildman Fredie" to run his 21' 1500 HP Ski Race Boat in the OSS race.

Merry Christmas

Gary
Sweet , let's do it!
Happy New Year Everyone ..............
Steve
Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered

Gary, John and the Nordic Navy,
It looks like OSS has finalized their race dates for Lake Cumberland.
Their website www.offshoresuperseries.com and Powerboat Mag say May 15-17. That's a Fri/Sat/Sun race schedule.
Just thinking out loud here...............would we be better off coming in before the races, say Tuesday with Nordic events Wednesday and Thursday, or staying over after the races and doing the regatta events Monday and Tuesday?
Since the race will probably draw a big crowd, wouldn't we get a (reservation) jump on the spectator crowd with parking, room, houseboat and slip reservations if we came into Jamestown early? Regardless, it should be a fun week . We should have the biggest brand raft off at the races .
I don't know where the race course will be located on the lake. Have you guys heard?
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 01-04-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Registered

Default update on OSS race in May

The OSS website says "the race will be run near the dam, and out of the State Dock".
FYI,
Steve
Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 AM
sandman
Gold Member

Well, my mid tour break will be in June so I missed it by a month. I still may go up there and rent a cabin just to relax a bit and get my family away from the house. My boat is still powerless, but Im looking at buying a couple of 502 MPIs to drop in at the end of the year. Just dont have the time on my 3 week break. I decided not to go to a 28 when I get another boat but narrowed it down to a Flame or Cobalt 343. Actually, Maria decided she didnt want anything smaller than what we have now.

I'm currently assigned to a British unit In southern Iraq and they have been a lot of fun to work with. Good food too. (actually ate some hagus) I'll try and post some pics when Marie sends my camera. It's probably already here but I have to take a helocopter ride just to check my mail and wont be able to fly till after the elections. Internet here is shi$$y so you can see Im making the most out of it when its up.

By the looks of some of the engines I saw at last years regata, some of you are probably in more danger than I am so be careful out there. Have a great summer......Casey
Old 01-31-2009, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sandcraft
Well, my mid tour break will be in June so I missed it by a month. I still may go up there and rent a cabin just to relax a bit and get my family away from the house. My boat is still powerless, but Im looking at buying a couple of 502 MPIs to drop in at the end of the year. Just dont have the time on my 3 week break. I decided not to go to a 28 when I get another boat but narrowed it down to a Flame or Cobalt 343. Actually, Maria decided she didnt want anything smaller than what we have now.

I'm currently assigned to a British unit In southern Iraq and they have been a lot of fun to work with. Good food too. (actually ate some hagus) I'll try and post some pics when Marie sends my camera. It's probably already here but I have to take a helocopter ride just to check my mail and wont be able to fly till after the elections. Internet here is shi$$y so you can see Im making the most out of it when its up.

By the looks of some of the engines I saw at last years regata, some of you are probably in more danger than I am so be careful out there. Have a great summer......Casey
I like boats because they are long ,hard and full of seamen

Quick Reply: East Coast Nordic Regatta 2009

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.