Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Nordic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/nordic-99/)
-   -   Nordic Rage, Born Again! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/nordic/210746-nordic-rage-born-again.html)

DesertRage 06-11-2009 10:01 AM

Nordic Rage, Born Again!

2 Attachment(s)
I thought it would be cool to show a progress report on the Rage. Also to keep from hi-jacking CB-BLR's testing thread :D .

Stock 496 in Mercruiser trim and the mess left behind...

DesertRage 06-11-2009 10:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I gutted the bilge, filled all the holes, and shot in some fresh paint. Then added the appropriate power and re-rigged everything.

Right now I am in the process of dealing with the sunroof the engine wanted...

Dean Ferry 06-11-2009 11:29 AM

Nice looking job! Give us some specs on your motor, please? Who made the tailpipes for your KE headers?
Thanks,
Dean

Rage 06-11-2009 11:44 AM

The engine compartment looks great with the bright white and the polished diamond plate to accent the motor.

DesertRage 06-11-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2885997)
Nice looking job! Give us some specs on your motor, please? Who made the tailpipes for your KE headers?
Thanks,
Dean

Thanks Dean! The motor is a 555ci with AFR heads, Victor jr intake, and an RM Builder cam. CMI built the tail pipes. They did an awesome job. I sent them a drawing of the flange dimensions and PVC models littered with sharpie notes. They fit great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rage (Post 2886006)
The engine compartment looks great with the bright white and the polished diamond plate to accent the motor.

A thanks to you too Bill! I thought the white paint would brighten it up in there. It has metal flake in the clear, so it should look good in the sun.

whtnordic 06-11-2009 11:41 PM

Engine Compartment Paint

What paint did you use or was it gel coat?

Steve Zuckerman 06-13-2009 11:13 AM

DR,
Nice work man. Your engine and engine compartment look great. I've been down the hatch mod road too.
Send us pics when you get yours done.
Regards,
Steve

In2Deep 06-14-2009 01:10 PM

Lookin' good.

DesertRage 06-15-2009 01:52 PM

For paint I used PPG's epoxy primer, DBC color, and Concept clear. I looked hard at the awl grip and bilge kote products, but they didn't offer a bright white metallic.

Steve,

Alright, I know a little about your mod. From what I know, it sounds like it turned out great! Nordicflame has helped me out with some ideas he's seen.

Thanks,
Jon

Steve Zuckerman 06-15-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRage (Post 2888669)
For paint I used PPG's epoxy primer, DBC color, and Concept clear. I looked hard at the awl grip and bilge kote products, but they didn't offer a bright white metallic.

Steve,

Alright, I know a little about your mod. From what I know, it sounds like it turned out great! Nordicflame has helped me out with some ideas he's seen.

Thanks,
Jon

I think Dave is going to have to break out the jigsaw too from what I've seen............
Regards,
Steve