Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Nordic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/nordic-99/)
-   -   380 K-Plates on Flame (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/nordic/217352-380-k-plates-flame.html)

Nordicflame 09-23-2009 07:53 AM

380 K-Plates on Flame

I currently have 280 K-Planes and have ordered 380 K-Plates to switch out.
I sent a couple PMs out asking those whom I had thought made this change but have had no brotherly help.

We have a brand new Flame here in town here that has the 380s vs my 280s and when we're running 90 it is much more stable than mine. Mine tends to start rolling side to side pretty hard :eek:
He runs his tabs at just a tad below neutral when running hard. Says it actually gains speed when he brings them down to that level when running :confused:
Tres had Nordic set this boat up with props turning in and the 380s. He ran them out and saw no difference so it must be the long tabs.

I was wondering if anyone else has made this switch and what the results were. I need to get this dialed in before dropping off our 5000 foot plateu and risking bodily harm :eek:

Thanks for any input,
Dave

Linster 10-03-2009 07:08 AM

Dave,

Did you get a chance to check these out? Just wondering how they did.

Nordicflame 10-03-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Linster (Post 2965433)
Dave,

Did you get a chance to check these out? Just wondering how they did.

Linnie,
I machined and painted them yesterday and am installing today. Probably won't be able to try them until next weekend due to weather.
They look cool!

BTW, your phone acidentally called me twice last Friday at midnight and left me two backround noise messages. Sounds like you were having fun; it was 2 a.m. for you :party-smiley-020:

Advantage 10-05-2009 07:04 PM

Dave, curious how your Flame is running with the new power?

Linster 10-06-2009 07:47 AM

It did it until 5 in the morning with numerous people. Sorry for the inconvenience. It was just sitting in the garage on the back of my boat. Very weird, but has not done it again. Anyway, sorry.

Nordicflame 10-06-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Linster (Post 2967399)
It did it until 5 in the morning with numerous people. Sorry for the inconvenience. It was just sitting in the garage on the back of my boat. Very weird, but has not done it again. Anyway, sorry.

No worries...
Glad you were having a good time :drink:

Nordicflame 10-06-2009 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Advantage (Post 2967121)
Dave, curious how your Flame is running with the new power?

Hey Advantage,
It runs up to 88-90 GPS very, very quickly and then starts getting loose and rolling side to side which is why I am swapping tab plates.

All of my testing has been at 5000 feet so I'm trying to get everything dialed in before dropping to the sea level arena where I should be able to run it up to the triple diget mark pretty easy.

Dave

Advantage 10-06-2009 09:42 AM

Cool, thanks for the update. Good luck.

Rage 10-21-2009 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nordicflame (Post 2965540)
Linnie,
I machined and painted them yesterday and am installing today. Probably won't be able to try them until next weekend due to weather.
They look cool!

BTW, your phone acidentally called me twice last Friday at midnight and left me two backround noise messages. Sounds like you were having fun; it was 2 a.m. for you :party-smiley-020:

How did the new tabs perform?

Nordicflame 10-26-2009 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rage (Post 2976775)
How did the new tabs perform?

Look like it will be Spring before I can try them.

Filled her with the pink stuff over the weekend :angry-smiley-055: