Nordic Rage/ Baja 232 >

Nordic Rage/ Baja 232

Notices

Nordic Rage/ Baja 232

Old 12-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic Rage/ Baja 232

Hey Guys need some info. Unlimited has a 04 Rage that I'm going to go look at hopefully this weekend if I can get a few things moved around. Anyways I was wonering if anyone can tell me how much bigger the Rage is than a 98 Baja 232? Just wanting to get a comparison. Speed seems to be a lot better than the Baja but wasnt sure if I was going to lose anything such as handling, smoother ride or not, exc.. I have been stuck on these Nordics for a while now and going to become an owner of one this year.

Any feedback would be great.

IndianaRage, where all do you do your boating?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whistler08
Hey Guys need some info. Unlimited has a 04 Rage that I'm going to go look at hopefully this weekend if I can get a few things moved around. Anyways I was wonering if anyone can tell me how much bigger the Rage is than a 98 Baja 232? Just wanting to get a comparison. Speed seems to be a lot better than the Baja but wasnt sure if I was going to lose anything such as handling, smoother ride or not, exc.. I have been stuck on these Nordics for a while now and going to become an owner of one this year.

Whistler,
I moved up from a Baja H2X (24') to a Heat. Several of our friends here are former Baja owners. Baja makes (made?) a nice looking, decent running boat for the money. I really enjoyed mine.
You will definitely see an improvement in performance. The step/pad hull is more efficient than the straight vee Baja uses on most of their boats. Quality is similar or better, and of course you can't beat the looks of a Nordic.
You will be happy with the move.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 12-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Whistler08

I don't know much about the Baja's, but I do like the room in my Rage. I mostly boat at Brookville Lake in Indiana. We got down down to Cumberland 2 times this year, 1 being for Poker Run. That got me thinking about a bigger and possibly faster boat and thinking about selling the Rage. Where are you from and boat.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Whistler,
I moved up from a Baja H2X (24') to a Heat. Several of our friends here are former Baja owners. Baja makes (made?) a nice looking, decent running boat for the money. I really enjoyed mine.
You will definitely see an improvement in preformance. The step/pad hull is more efficient than the straight vee Baja uses on most of their boats. Quality is similar or better, and of course you can't beat the looks of a Nordic.
You will be happy with the move.
Regards,
Steve
Thanks Steve for the info. Sounds like ill be getting more for the Rage. I really like the looks of the boat along with the mid cabin open bow style (gives me best of both worlds) I will have to get out to an event one of these days.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indiana Rage
I don't know much about the Baja's, but I do like the room in my Rage. I mostly boat at Brookville Lake in Indiana. We got down down to Cumberland 2 times this year, 1 being for Poker Run. That got me thinking about a bigger and possibly faster boat and thinking about selling the Rage. Where are you from and boat.
I live in Cloverdale Indiana (west of Indy off of 70 about 30 miles. I go to Monroe a few times a year but live 5 miles from Cataract and an hour from Racoon. I always get down to Dale Hollow, Cumberland, or Norris every year also a couple times a year. I havent been to Brookville for about 10 years. Ill have to make it over there this year though.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

I spent a bunch of time researching the baja 232. I haven't actually been in one but this is what I found and my 2 cents.

The Baja 232 will have more freeboard than the rage, since the 232 has drop down bolsters. The Baja I believe has a 24 degree deadrise vs the 22 degree rage. The Baja 232 will have more storage for gear.

I personally just purchased a rage a few months ago and love it. It will run faster with the lower deadrise and stepped hull. The midcabin is great my wife and 4 year old daughter love it. It is nice to get out of the sun and bad weather if needed. In my opinion the ride will probably be similar since the rage is a little longer boat, but doesn't have the 24 degree deadrise. I think the rage has better build quality.The fountain/bajas are probably more comparable on build quality now.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

I'm hoping it has more room for gear because on my 232 the only place to store anything is under the rear seat and under the hatch. I can hold about 8 jackets and my booies (dont know how to spell that one ) under the rear seat and a few jackets under the hatch. The rest will be in the cuddy and bouncing all over hell.

I think I might be talked into buying the Heat now though. Just gotta sweet talk the wife but definately cant get anything bigger than the 496ho in it though. FOR NOW

I would assume there is a big difference in my 232 and the Heat.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Registered

I was thinking of the 232 open bow when I mentioned the storage. The rage probably would give you a little more storage.

I went with the rage since I like to tube, wakeboard, and ski over the heat. It is also easier to pull when I have camper on my truck. I also wanted the wood free design so I needed a 2008 of newer.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Registered

I was thinking the same thing as far as tubing, skiing, and wakboarding. Dont know how the Heat would do. The Heat doesnt have tabs either so that doesnt help getting or keeping it on plane.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Registered

I personally haven't been wakeboarding behind a heat, but they are a lot bigger boat than the rage, at least out of the water in the parking lot. I have tabs on my rage, so I would say they would probably be a must on a heat for tubing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.