trim pump/k plane pump relocation

Notices

trim pump/k plane pump relocation

Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 AM
sandman
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trim pump/k plane pump relocation

Im relocating the trim pumps and k plane pumps from the transom to the forward bulkhead in the engine bay.

That means 8 hoses I will have to replace. My thought was to take the old ones to the local auto store that builds hyd hoses and tell them what length I need.

Does anyone know of a company that does this regularly that I can call and specify the length and they are familiar with the fittings thats required? Thanks
Old 05-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Registered

There is a member here that does it, I think his screenname is jb-fse?

There are couple different ways of doing it, Parker makes the PTH-3 (Power Trim Hose) hose, cheapest I've found it is around 3.50 a foot, but the fittings are killer at around $25 a piece! But they are the stainless -3 Inverted flare fittings that fit right onto the k-planes and trim pumps w/o adapters.

Why did you move them from the transom? Seems like that would be the most in-obtrusive place for them...
Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 AM
sandman
Gold Member

I moved them because its difficult to access for maintenance and will also reduce the amount of wires/cables around the motors. It will also make room for the zero effort throttle and shift servos that will be installed. This is an addition to the new volvo penta 496 efi motors being installed. Im making this a wife friendly boat. Tired of doing all the driving and none of the drinking.