Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Nordic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/nordic-99/)
-   -   Nordic vs Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/nordic/238260-nordic-vs-baja.html)

bsboss 09-02-2010 04:50 PM

Nordic vs Baja

I may get hammered for asking this questions, but I never been in a Nordic, have 25' Oulaw thinking about going to a 28' Heat. I currently have the 496 HO run 68.3GPS, I would like to go with the 525EFI in the Heat. I love the Outlaw but looking for more speed and a little bigger. What about comparing the Sunsation 288 to the 28 Heat. The nordic I take is not a stringer boat? Have they had any problems?
Thanks

90mphRAGE 09-02-2010 08:20 PM

We're gonna be biased here, this is the Nordic area.
Nothing wrong with Baja, they just seem a little more "production" to me. On my 2nd Nordic. It turns heads on most any lake. Best looking boats outside more expensive DCB's or Eliminators.
I don't think a Heat w/ 525 will be any faster than you now, but will be bigger. Nordics are solid as anything out there. Have'nt seen many Sunsations out west.

Steve Zuckerman 09-02-2010 10:55 PM

After owning an H2X,
I looked at:
29' Fountain, liked it, fast
27' Warlock, fast, but old school boxy styling
28' Sunsation, nice styling, good quality
28' Nordic Heat liked it a lot, and bought it
It's like buying a new Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro.......they're all nice cars. You should look at several.
For the combination of performance, styling, cabin space, and features, it's hard to beat the Heat :drink:...
Regards,
Steve

oboyskibum 09-03-2010 10:40 AM

I like the car analogy but let me add my 2 cents.
Baja and a lot of production boats are like the Mustang, Camaro and Challengers of the World.

Nordic's are like the BMW's, Porsche’s and Mercedes. Not only in cost but, the fit and finish is typically a step above a Baja. The gel coats are awesome. Your Nordic won’t look like anyone else’s. In most cases if you take care of them they are more solid after a few years.
I previously owned a Baja Islander but have not been in a sensation, I do love their look.

In2Deep 09-03-2010 11:49 AM

Great analogies above. Heat is hard to beat for the aforementioned reasons. I love mine.

I will say that among your list of potential new boats, IMO the newer 288 Sunsations are very nice. From what I've read, the 288 is a rock-solid boat, and comes in an open-bow (which for many is an important feature). There are also some 32 Dominators (older) and 32 SS's (newer) that look appealing. Sunsation 32's also come with open bows.

If I were shopping right now for a 28 - 35, Sunsation would be the only competitor on my list, with Nordic very hard to beat.

I2D

stoutman450f 09-06-2010 12:09 AM

Buy the Heat and don't look back! Great Boat.. Funny thing is... Got a 1997 M3 bright red in the garage with 67K miles on it. Got a 2010 RS/SS camaro in the garage. I like the analogy of the class of car... Our Heat is a 01 an is usually the sexiest boat on the water! They are awesome and turn heads everywhere..

Buy the Nordic!

Revd Up 09-06-2010 12:22 AM

It all depends on the water that you will be running on. The Nordic is a sit down boat, while the Sunsation is deeper and has stand up bolsters. If you are going to run the Great Lakes or the Ocean go with the Sunsation, otherwise your back will be killing you when you get in the rough stuff. My friend has a 288 Sunsation and it handles the rough stuff great.

Steve Zuckerman 09-06-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Revd Up (Post 3200521)
It all depends on the water that you will be running on. The Nordic is a sit down boat, while the Sunsation is deeper and has stand up bolsters. If you are going to run the Great Lakes or the Ocean go with the Sunsation, otherwise your back will be killing you when you get in the rough stuff. My friend has a 288 Sunsation and it handles the rough stuff great.

Correction #1, the Heat comes standard with bolsters.
Note on 288 Sunsations ability to handle rough water. They do, because we've watched several of them run behind us in rough water poker runs this year :grinser010:..................
Regards,
Steve

THE 288 KID 09-06-2010 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman (Post 3200621)
Correction #1, the Heat comes standard with bolsters.
Note on 288 Sunsations ability to handle rough water. They do, because we've watched several of them run behind us in rough water poker runs this year :grinser010:..................
Regards,
Steve

Give my boat the same power Ur running and will see who's boats in front then.... muhahaha.....

CB-BLR 09-06-2010 02:41 PM

I have electric bolsters in my Heat, and stand or sit depending on water and speed conditions.

I think that the Sunsation 288 is a neat looking boat also...like Steve, I see them in passing...while doing poker runs...kind of a slow hull I think. :lolhit:

Chris