29 Escape. >

29 Escape.

Notices

29 Escape.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 Escape.

This may come off as a ridiculous question, but the Nordic 28 Heat, is and has been my favorite boat for quite some time now. Being though that Nordic released the 29 Escape, I find myself wondering why they didn't do away with the 28 Heat and produce the 29 Escape in a closed bow model. Obviously there are various reasons to consider when contemplating why a company would, or wouldn't do such a thing, I'm no judge (I love both boats, just prefer closed bow models). I'm just simply wondering what the reasoning behind not creating the 29 Escape is a closed bow model was? If anyone can chime in it would be much appreciated. Thanks' in advance.

Josh
Old 11-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

The 29 and the 28 are two diffenent boats. And molds. If you put them side by side there is alot different. the 29 has two steps and the 28 has one. The 29 has a bigger freeboard than the 28 and the 29 has a different layout inside. I like the looks of a 28 much better that the 29. To me it looks alittle to tall and bulkie. But the layout inside on the 29 looks much smoother. I like the twin step on the 29 but do not know how much better it works than the single on the 28. The 29 I think was built for a "Lake Havasu" day boat for friends and familys. But I still like the looks of the 28 Heat. Still one of the biggest 28's on the market today inside and out. With that being said I own a 2002 28 Heat with a Whippled 496 and love the boat. Nordic makes a great, soild, well built boat. And someday if things get really good again, I will own a Flame.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Amen!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Registered

Thanks' for the reply guys. I don't mean to change the topic of this thread, but if anyone posting has any nice photo's of their 28 Heat and wouldn't mind posting them I'd greatly appreciate it. Love the lines of this boat.

Josh
Old 11-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

There's some very nice pics in the other thread, just 3-4 topics down from this one.