Diagnostic Help >

Diagnostic Help

Notices

Diagnostic Help

Old 07-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diagnostic Help

OK guys. I have a buddy of mine with a 23 Eliminator. 502 that has run a procharger since new. boat is a 2000. He had his engine rebuilt last winter d/t fuel plumbing and running it lean. smoked a couple of cylinders.

He recently has had a fuel issue again. dropping pressure from 52 down to about 42 at 4K RPM. Last weekend, was running the boat at Lake Billy Chinook was about 10 minutes into heading down the lake when at about 4K RPM engine went hot and into Limp mode. Nervouse about last year he immediately shut the engine off (at speed) and coasted to a stop. That type of Eliminator gets a wall of water into the back when shut off like that. so, we pulled up on him and bilge was pumping full speed and engine would not turn over. Turns out, he had water in all cylinders and about 4 quarts in the pan.

He took the flappers off of the boat a couple of years ago to put mufflers on to go to Havasu.

The local speed shop (unnamed) thinks that he got an ice bag wrapped around the outdrive and it went no water. Then when it got burried during the stop, they think the "no flapper" situation caused it to get water in the engine.

I told him to look at the sea pump which was new. If he was running at 4K for any period of time without water, that thing would grenade and there would be rubber everywhere (in the water system) My opinion is "NO WAY". there is no way that every cylinder would take on water from the exhaust. Not every exhaust valve would be open at one time. How in the world would he end up with water in the pan (by the way it was not imulsified) wasnt white.

Any help or comments?

Last edited by stoutman450f; 07-10-2011 at 08:55 PM.