Allstate Insurance >

Allstate Insurance

Notices

Allstate Insurance

Old 08-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allstate Insurance

I have a 25 ft nordic 1996 with 300 hrs on it and in very good condition . Last mo someone stole my lower unit i called my insurance co they told me 2 get a price 2 replace it. nordic gives me a price of over 7k my insurance co ALLSTATE sends me a check for 600.00 . they say my boat was old so they took 85 percent off the price.WHAT CAN I DO?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

that freaking sucks man, they shouldnt do that, tell them to give your money back for all the years u paid to have insurence, i think somone messed up for sure because your boat wasnt stolen just a part off of it was they should cover in full, try calling upper managment or somthing
Old 08-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LB NORDIC
I have a 25 ft nordic 1996 with 300 hrs on it and in very good condition . Last mo someone stole my lower unit i called my insurance co they told me 2 get a price 2 replace it. nordic gives me a price of over 7k my insurance co ALLSTATE sends me a check for 600.00 . they say my boat was old so they took 85 percent off the price.WHAT CAN I DO?
Have they also lowered your premiums by 85% over the life of your policy to reflect your boats depreciation? Fight it, man. You deserve at the very least, enough money to go out on the market and purchase a serviceable used part.

Insurance companies spend millions flooding the airwaves with advertisements declaring how much fun it is to buy insurance and what good hands you are in. In your case, you are only getting one finger.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I would ask them to provide you with a detailed analysis on how they arrived at the 85%. As mentioned, they should at least provide you with the amount it would take to purchase a used unit, if one can be found.

You should also check the details of your policy to see what it's supposed to cover in situations like this.